[SOLVED] im having problems with my i7 9700k

May 21, 2021
Ok so i have a pretty bad single rad coolermaster cooler so i wanted to ask abt an overclock. I have overclocked to as high as 4.6ghz but then i found out it was bad bc of my cooler. I wanted to ask what a good oc was for my cpu and I also wanted to know about voltage because I usually leave it on automatic. Also whenever I underclock or overclock I get a BSOD which leads to me resetting my cmos battery everytime.

Solution
Oh yes my bad, I meant putting it back to stock. I hvae also tested my ram and nothing is wrong with it.

Call them and see what they say about it. Tell them your issue, if they cant resolve it, ask them if your able to swap out the motherboard. I believe you can, but since they use custom software Im not sure how it entangles with the rest of the hardware. It could also make you need to reinstall windows possibly as a major hardware piece will be changed, if your windows license is hardware based.
We need your full system specs. Exact names and models of all pc parts.

And there isnt a 1 size fits all when it comes to overclocking. Some cpus can go much higher, and some much lower. Theres no "preset" to put your settings on. If your not a higher experienced over clocker, I wouldnt fiddle too much with it, however if your getting a BSOD at a certain setting, obviously that overclock is not stable.

May 21, 2021

And there isnt a 1 size fits all when it comes to overclocking. Some cpus can go much higher, and some much lower. Theres no "preset" to put your settings on. If your not a higher experienced over clocker, I wouldnt fiddle too much with it, however if your getting a BSOD at a certain setting, obviously that overclock is not stable.
Its a CyberPower prebuilt. I have an i7 9700k oc to 3.9ghz currently, ASRock Z390 4-CB, 2060s ventus oc, 32gb 3000mhz ram, 850w psu, CoolerMaster 120mm MasterLiquid Lite for cpu cooler.

May 21, 2021

I also get a BSOD whenever I underclock from lets say 3.9 ghz to stock 3.6.

Its a CyberPower prebuilt. I have an i7 9700k oc to 3.9ghz currently, ASRock Z390 4-CB, 2060s ventus oc, 32gb 3000mhz ram, 850w psu, CoolerMaster 120mm MasterLiquid Lite for cpu cooler.

iBuyPower motherboards usually have a custom bios which are trash and dont leave much to desire for overclocking.

The cooler isnt meant to be used for overclocking.

Try a lower overclock.

May 21, 2021
iBuyPower motherboards usually have a custom bios which are trash and dont leave much to desire for overclocking.

The cooler isnt meant to be used for overclocking.

Try a lower overclock.
Would you recommend upgrading my motherboard? I was planning on buying a clc28 or clc24 and swap out cases and also liquid cool my gpu with the NZXT g12 bracket and adapt it to my gpu since it is small.

Would you recommend upgrading my motherboard? I was planning on buying a clc28 or clc24 and swap out cases and also liquid cool my gpu with the NZXT g12 bracket and adapt it to my gpu since it is small.

I dont have much experience with iBuyPower so not sure if you can just swap out the mobo, you probably can, but I would research it first or call them and ask them so you have a forsure answer.

But yes, I would try to if I was you simply because their custom bios's / mobos have a lot of issues.

May 21, 2021
Thats not underclocking, thats putting it back to stock. Underclock would be under 3.6.

If your still getting a BSOD when putting it back to stock, it could possibly be your ram.

I would test your ram.
Oh yes my bad, I meant putting it back to stock. I hvae also tested my ram and nothing is wrong with it.

Call them and see what they say about it. Tell them your issue, if they cant resolve it, ask them if your able to swap out the motherboard. I believe you can, but since they use custom software Im not sure how it entangles with the rest of the hardware. It could also make you need to reinstall windows possibly as a major hardware piece will be changed, if your windows license is hardware based.

Solution
May 21, 2021
Call them and see what they say about it. Tell them your issue, if they cant resolve it, ask them if your able to swap out the motherboard. I believe you can, but since they use custom software Im not sure how it entangles with the rest of the hardware. It could also make you need to reinstall windows possibly as a major hardware piece will be changed.
I have a question about voltage, should I leave it on automatic or try my own?