Im having problems with my mic

lucamarinewscu

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
I can only hear static when i press listen to microphone (especially in games) and i cant hear my voice at all. also,the green bar in recording devices is full for some reason. i tried reinstalling, i tried messing a little with the settings but nothing seems to work please help. Btw,the headset is brand new and im sure it is not broken.

Solution
"Brand new" does not eliminate "broken".

Try the headset on another system. Try another headset on your system. See if the problem stays with either the headset or your system.

Windows 10? Go into the settings (WIN + I) and slelect "Gaming". Check the settings therein.

Failing the above take a closer look at the jacks and plugs being used.

Gently wiggle and twist the cables all along their length. See if the static starts or stops in some certain place. Especially near one end or the other.

Google TS, TRS, and TRRS. (Tip, Sleeve, Ring).

You may have a mismatched or simply a bad connection if one of the jacks or plugs is deformed or damaged.

Ralston18

Titan
"Brand new" does not eliminate "broken".

Try the headset on another system. Try another headset on your system. See if the problem stays with either the headset or your system.

Windows 10? Go into the settings (WIN + I) and slelect "Gaming". Check the settings therein.

Failing the above take a closer look at the jacks and plugs being used.

Gently wiggle and twist the cables all along their length. See if the static starts or stops in some certain place. Especially near one end or the other.

Google TS, TRS, and TRRS. (Tip, Sleeve, Ring).

You may have a mismatched or simply a bad connection if one of the jacks or plugs is deformed or damaged.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS