Question I'm having the same error in literally any game i play.

Nov 15, 2020
Hello guys, how are you doing?

So, to start off, this error has begun some months ago, it happened first while i was playing Path Of Exile, the error after a while playing in Vulkan API was just a hard crash, the only option was to reboot the pc(in the game logs, said the same thing, something about my gpu getting removed), and in DX11 it showed a popup with something like my card got removed, but no hard crash.

I lived with it for a while, tried some workarounds, but none of them worked.

In other games happened the same, some just close, some others close with a popup saying my card got removed, all in DX11 or higher.
One thing a notice in Rocket League is, when i force the game to run in DX9, it will just work fine, game won't close or crash.

And after a while reading trying to find a solution, i have come up with trying to underclock my GPU with MSI afterburner, which, for my surprised also worked well, all DX11 games got back to run normally but obviously with a lower performance.

I've tryed the regedit things with TdrLevel, TdrDelay, TdrDdiDelay, none seemed to work properly...
Also formatted my computer, uninstalled and installed GPU drivers, updated drivers, reseating it, using DDU, any of these didn't work also...

Forgot to mention, temps are all just fine, 70~80C while gaming.

Specs:
  • GTX 980 4GB
  • i7 7700K 4.2GHz
  • 16gb RAM(8x2)
  • 600w EVGA PSU

Can anyone give me a light about this, is my GPU dying?
Is there something i could do?

Thanks for the help my friends.