Question I'm having trouble picking a pc out to run Overwatch on and I need advice

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I have a 1400 dollar hard budget and I want to buy a desktop that can run Overwatch at 75+ FPS on Ultra settings at 1080p. The only catch is that my father insists on having it pre-built, preferably from letsbld or IBuyPower. I would like to maximize every part possible while keeping it under the budget and in the desirable frame rate with nearly no detectable bottlenecks. Some layouts I have come up with are the following:

Build 1:
https://www.letsbld.com/bld/step4?price=1000&draft=2178740985

Build 2: (IBuyPower)
CaseiBUYPOWER Tt Versa N27 Gaming Case - Black
Case FansDefault Case Fan
Case LightingiBUYPOWER RGB Lighting - [FREE] 1 RGB Lighting Strip
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor (6x 3.4GHZ/19MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingCORSAIR Hydro Series H100i PRO 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooling System - [Ryzen]
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2666 Memory Module (w/ RGB Lighting) - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
MotherboardASRock X470 MASTER SLI/AC -- RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1 (6 Rear, 4 Front), ASRock Super Alloy
Power Supply850 Watt - Seasonic FOCUS PLUS SSR-850FX - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
Advance Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
M.2/PCI-E SSD Card512 GB Intel 660P Series M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 1500MB/s; Write: 1000MB/s
Primary Hard Drive1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] - (64-bit)
Build 3: IBuyPower
CaseLian Li LANCOOL ONE Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case - Black
Case FansDefault Case Fan
Case LightingiBUYPOWER RGB Lighting - [FREE] 1 RGB Lighting Strip
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor (8x 3.7GHZ/20MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingCORSAIR Hydro Series H100i PRO 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooling System - [Ryzen]
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2666 Memory Module (w/ RGB Lighting) - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
MotherboardASUS TUF X470-PLUS GAMING -- RGB, Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), ASUS TUF Protection
Power Supply600 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Gold - FREE Upgrade to 600 Watt - Thermaltake Smart Series - 80 PLUS Gold
Advance Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
M.2/PCI-E SSD Card512 GB Intel 660P Series M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 1500MB/s; Write: 1000MB/s
Primary Hard Drive1 TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive -- 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] - (64-bit)

If anyone has any other builds they would recommend that they find better than the ones I listed, or some changes that would improve the ones I have listed, I would appreciate and love the advice.

Not sure why he insists on a pre-built but whatever.

I would suggest the NZXT build over ibuypower. ibuypower isn't necessarily bad but their part quality they use can be all over the place, including some awful power supplies and pretty slow RAM.

For your NZXT build I would save 100 bucks and go with the Cryroig H7 air-cooler, its more then enough for the 2600x and AIOs aren't going to provide any better cooling. And speaking of the 2600X if you are comfortable overclocking you can take a normal 2600 up to the 2600X speeds pretty easily.

For the mobo you can save another 50 by dropping down to the B450 over the itx board, which is pointless for a case this large so save yoru money. The X470 boards are nice but outside of overclcoking potential they usually don't have any major feature difference aside from the lack of wifi on this particular board which can easily be added with a cheap pcie card or usb dongle to any computer. Also with a full size ATX you'll get more PCIe and RAM slots(usually 4 instead of 2)

With the savings you can easily bump up to a 2060 which is a significantly better card. Still not powerful enough for ray tracing (it has it but frame rate will be awful) but since they don't offer a 1660ti I would get it over the 1660.

You also don't need a 850 watt PSU, not sure why they don't offer a 550 watt FOCUS but still save the 10 bucks and get the 750watt FOCUS

For the SSD if this is strictly gaming rig save money and dont bother with the intel drive, that's a PCIe speed and wont really benefit you because of how read speeds work. Just get a 1-tb 860 EVO,

Apr 29, 2019
Not sure why he insists on a pre-built but whatever.

I would suggest the NZXT build over ibuypower. ibuypower isn't necessarily bad but their part quality they use can be all over the place, including some awful power supplies and pretty slow RAM.

For your NZXT build I would save 100 bucks and go with the Cryroig H7 air-cooler, its more then enough for the 2600x and AIOs aren't going to provide any better cooling. And speaking of the 2600X if you are comfortable overclocking you can take a normal 2600 up to the 2600X speeds pretty easily.

For the mobo you can save another 50 by dropping down to the B450 over the itx board, which is pointless for a case this large so save yoru money. The X470 boards are nice but outside of overclcoking potential they usually don't have any major feature difference aside from the lack of wifi on this particular board which can easily be added with a cheap pcie card or usb dongle to any computer. Also with a full size ATX you'll get more PCIe and RAM slots(usually 4 instead of 2)

With the savings you can easily bump up to a 2060 which is a significantly better card. Still not powerful enough for ray tracing (it has it but frame rate will be awful) but since they don't offer a 1660ti I would get it over the 1660.

You also don't need a 850 watt PSU, not sure why they don't offer a 550 watt FOCUS but still save the 10 bucks and get the 750watt FOCUS

For the SSD if this is strictly gaming rig save money and dont bother with the intel drive, that's a PCIe speed and wont really benefit you because of how read speeds work. Just get a 1-tb 860 EVO,
Thank you for the input, I'm fine with turning the kraken 52x into a Cryorig H7, but will 120mm be enough to cool the processor fine or would the kraken m22 be better because it's liquid cooling? For the SSD, the 518 GB intel is a less expensive approach anyways.

Liquid cooling doesn't provide any better cooling unless you get into really high end AIOs or custom loops over traditional air coolers. So yes the TDP of the H7 is 140 watts and the TDP of the 2600X is 95, plenty of overhead. Even a stock Ryzen cooler is enough for minor overclocking.

For SSD I suppose you're right and you can always add addition SSD/HDD later.

Apr 29, 2019
Liquid cooling doesn't provide any better cooling unless you get into really high end AIOs or custom loops over traditional air coolers. So yes the TDP of the H7 is 140 watts and the TDP of the 2600X is 95, plenty of overhead. Even a stock Ryzen cooler is enough for minor overclocking.

For SSD I suppose you're right and you can always add addition SSD/HDD later.
Also, on bld in the cooling section there are two tabs: CPU Coolers and Case fans. Is that implying that the case would come without fans? If so do you recommend getting case fans as well?

That Im not entirely sure about. I looked online and the case itself comes with two 120mm fans by default if you buy it on its own so I assume it has them in the build. I think the case fan options are just upgraded/better fans. You can always add more or upgrade the standard ones later on, its very easy.