I'm in dilemma right now. Please suggest me.

mrinalkd7

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
So I'm thinking to buy a graphics card. I'm thinking about gtx 1050 ti but it's bit pricey in India cost around ₹12k ($186).

I'm thinking to buy SSD also. 120GB which cost around ₹4k ($62).

So, these parts are way costly to buy together & I can afford only ₹10k ($155).

So, I'm thinking that I will go for GT 1030 which cost around ₹6k ($93) so I can buy SSD too.

Now, I want to know what should I do?
Should I go for only GTX 1050 ti spending little bit extra that is ₹12k ($186) to buy it or should I go for GT 1030 & 120GB SSD together which will cost me around ₹10k ($155)?

Solution
While the potential benefits of a SSD are numerous I can't see why you want a SSD. A GFX card upgrade is usually done to increase FPS.

If these upgrades are being done for gaming I suggest you purchase the 1050Ti first.

After that a RAM upgrade will certainly help. Most modern AAA game will easily exceed 4GB of RAM usage. Not having that RAM available results in increased page file usage and slower performance because of that. You might get lucky and be able to buy an identical RAM stick and it'll work. That isn't guaranteed. Mixing old and new RAM(purchasing RAM modules separately) can result in a failed boot. The PC just won't boot because the RAM modules aren't compatible. 95% sure it'll work. Just want you to be aware of the 5%...

Lutfij

Titan
Can you share links to the products you're buying? Perhaps you're buying an overpriced piece of hardware. On another note, you forgot to mention your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

mrinalkd7

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017

While the potential benefits of a SSD are numerous I can't see why you want a SSD. A GFX card upgrade is usually done to increase FPS.

If these upgrades are being done for gaming I suggest you purchase the 1050Ti first.

After that a RAM upgrade will certainly help. Most modern AAA game will easily exceed 4GB of RAM usage. Not having that RAM available results in increased page file usage and slower performance because of that. You might get lucky and be able to buy an identical RAM stick and it'll work. That isn't guaranteed. Mixing old and new RAM(purchasing RAM modules separately) can result in a failed boot. The PC just won't boot because the RAM modules aren't compatible. 95% sure it'll work. Just want you to be aware of the 5% so that if you purchase RAM and you know it works but it won't work with your existing RAM, you'll know why.

Solution

mrinalkd7

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017

Ok. I will remind it.

TRENDING THREADS