Question Im Learning and put together a PC hows it look?

Jul 23, 2019
So I am new to all things about PCs and wanted to get one to put together myself and was given a list of parts that came out to 2500$ so I could edit photos, stream, and game but I wanted to start a little cheaper and put this together any feedback would be great lmk how it looks if the parts are compadable or if I could use this for the things I've mentioned above. Also any modifications that are little or no difference in cost would be appreciated. (I know very little and I'm trying to learn so any information is appreciated.)I also want to buy a monitor or two so recommendations would be awesome

WildCard999

Titan
Change the motherboard to a B450, change the SSD to the Intel 660P M.2 NVME SSD (cheaper/faster then MX500) & change the PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold 650W.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($182.00 @ Adorama)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($96.00 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $383.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 08:27 EDT-0400

Reactions: Cali'sNew

ZuRriX

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
First of, do not buy a Windows key. Just pirate it. But, if you like spending money that much, buy it here.

Secondly, use the PCPartPicker. Just create an account, choose the system builder and it will automatically show you compatible parts for your PC.

Also, did you mean $1500 so this is a typo? Because if you have a budget of $2500, you can get much better parts for this much money.

WildCard999

Titan
@ZuRriX, Microsoft allows you to use Windows 10 for free so there's absolutely no need to pirate it and it's not a very smart suggestion as well considering most pirated software is loaded with stuff you don't want in your system.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Grey market sites aren't much better as the keys could be stolen or reused in which MS will eventually invalidate Windows.

@Cali'sNew, What is your budget for a monitor and what type of games will you be playing?

For fast action games such as racing or competitive FPS then 144hz would be the way to go but for more single player, MMO & less competitive titles then 60-75hz works well. If you have the budget for it and the games support 21:9 then I'd go 3440x1440P/100hz/VA with that system. If you live near a Microcenter you can save some money with some of the bundles they have.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/512508/msi-optix-mag341cq-34-quot
^^^Cheaper if you buy in store/MIR.

ZuRriX

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
@WildCard999 I personally never had any problem with it and I can tell you that 97% of Balkan never bought a Windows key. But, if you did, just buy it for $20 from Kinguin, G2A or similar sites.

Also, if you're editing photos, I would suggest not shooting for the starts with an RTX2070 and get something a bit cheaper. Personally, I would just buy a used GTX 1080, much better choice and you save money.

But more importantly, when you save $85 on a Windows key, you can buy a kit of 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz for $140 (check the PCPartPicker or similar for prices), which you will need a lot of if you're editing. I would even suggest going with 64GB, but nothing less than 32GB.

Jul 23, 2019
First of, do not buy a Windows key. Just pirate it. But, if you like spending money that much, buy it here.

Secondly, use the PCPartPicker. Just create an account, choose the system builder and it will automatically show you compatible parts for your PC.

Also, did you mean $1500 so this is a typo? Because if you have a budget of $2500, you can get much better parts for this much money.
No I want to spend less then the 2500$ for the build I was given and I used PC part picker but just wanted to make sure everything would be compadable.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019
@ZuRriX, Microsoft allows you to use Windows 10 for free so there's absolutely no need to pirate it and it's not a very smart suggestion as well considering most pirated software is loaded with stuff you don't want in your system.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Grey market sites aren't much better as the keys could be stolen or reused in which MS will eventually invalidate Windows.

@Cali'sNew, What is your budget for a monitor and what type of games will you be playing?

For fast action games such as racing or competitive FPS then 144hz would be the way to go but for more single player, MMO & less competitive titles then 60-75hz works well. If you have the budget for it and the games support 21:9 then I'd go 3440x1440P/100hz/VA with that system. If you live near a Microcenter you can save some money with some of the bundles they have.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/512508/msi-optix-mag341cq-34-quot
^^^Cheaper if you buy in store/MIR.
I want to be able to play all kinds of games but now I mostly play fortnite. I would like to get a decent monitor but would like to spend 150 or less. also I used PC part picker to make this list.

WildCard999

Titan
$150 isn't really going to give you a good monitor to pair with that system. For the 2700X/2070S you really want to to 1440P/75hz and ideally Freesync as you can use it now with a Nvidia GPU.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-run-gsync-on-freesync-monitor,6072.html

If you list everything including the tower/peripherals then we can help you pick better parts. Going with a good monitor and mid rang system would be so much better then going with a high end tower and low end monitor.

Jul 23, 2019
Okay so I made the changes and this is what I have now. For the Ram I can buy 2 more sticks later but will have 32gb to start. I get these notices at the bottom about compatibility
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.
  • Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.
Does this cause an Issue or no?
For the monitor give me your suggestion and i will change my budget for a monitor. As of right now I have a monitor that I use for gaming on my playstation and it is a HP Pavilion 23cw 23-in IPS LED Backlit Monitor - 23" would that work or would I need a new one still? also I'm thinking I want to do duel monitors dont know if that matters or not.

@WildCard999 @ZuRriX
���������

WildCard999

Titan
So essentially for have another $1,000 for the monitor peripherals?

These parts would pair well with the system.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($379.99 @ Adorama)
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($49.88 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($45.96 @ Walmart)
Headphones: Corsair HS70 WIRELESS 7.1 Channel Headset ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $545.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 10:08 EDT-0400

Although if it were me I'd get this monitor instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: AOC AG352UCG6 35.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor ($699.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $699.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 10:09 EDT-0400

Jul 23, 2019
So essentially for have another $1,000 for the monitor peripherals?

These parts would pair well with the system.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($379.99 @ Adorama)
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($49.88 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse ($45.96 @ Walmart)
Headphones: Corsair HS70 WIRELESS 7.1 Channel Headset ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $545.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 10:08 EDT-0400

Although if it were me I'd get this monitor instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: AOC AG352UCG6 35.0" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor ($699.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $699.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-23 10:09 EDT-0400
Thanks I don't game with M&K I use controller so I dont have to worry about that rn but could get it in the future and if I'm gonna do two monitors would you still recommend the 35" one?

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks I don't game with M&K I use controller so I dont have to worry about that rn but could get it in the future and if I'm gonna do two monitors would you still recommend the 35" one?
With the two monitor setup is one going to be for gaming and the other for your streaming/chat? If so and if you have the space on your desk for it I would still recommend it. Gaming with a 35" UW monitor brings a much more immersive gaming experience.

Jul 23, 2019
With the two monitor setup is one going to be for gaming and the other for your streaming/chat? If so and if you have the space on your desk for it I would still recommend it. Gaming with a 35" UW monitor brings a much more immersive gaming experience.
Yes thats what I wanted two monitors for one to be streamed and the other for only me to see to be able to read chat or whatever else i need to do. would having two different monitors hurt? The way im thinking maybe I could get the 35" one and mainly use that but also use the other monitor when I stream?

WildCard999

Titan
Yes thats what I wanted two monitors for one to be streamed and the other for only me to see to be able to read chat or whatever else i need to do. would having two different monitors hurt? The way im thinking maybe I could get the 35" one and mainly use that but also use the other monitor when I stream?
It won't hurt anything to have two different ones but I'd probably like the secondary to be similar in height & possibly panel type (VA). I'm not sure how he did it but I do remember seeing someone who streamed on a monitor and then had his chat setup right below the monitor on a tablet which would be less distracting then having to turn to the left or right to look at another screen. My guess is that they streamed via Twitch through the game but then also logged into there Twitch account via the tablet app and chatted with the users that way.

Jul 23, 2019
It won't hurt anything to have two different ones but I'd probably like the secondary to be similar in height & possibly panel type (VA). I'm not sure how he did it but I do remember seeing someone who streamed on a monitor and then had his chat setup right below the monitor on a tablet which would be less distracting then having to turn to the left or right to look at another screen. My guess is that they streamed via Twitch through the game but then also logged into there Twitch account via the tablet app and chatted with the users that way.
Yeah thats what I do as of right now since I stream through my console I pull up chat on my phone. Thank you for all of your input its really been helpful.

Reactions: WildCard999