[SOLVED] Im looking for a case that supports side panel fans!

Mar 19, 2020
Can't find any good ones on amazon or newegg, the few on there have horrible reviews. I've tried searching on ebay but im not sure which are good, and I want the best of the best!

Can you guys help me find the best case with side panel fan support and excellent airflow all around?

Solution
I had a HAF 912 Plus many years ago. While I don't like the look of it, it did have a fairly good airflow. That was the idea with those cases, HAF stands for High Airflow.

Although a name doesn't mean anything regarding airflow, in my experience they did pretty good.
For the time, build quality was good, but compared to more recent quality cases, it is average in quality I'd say.
I gave the case to a friend and he still uses it, and there are no worn out parts (threads for screws and the tool free 5.25" bays), except for the fans maybe.. -they were not amazingly brilliant.
They don't exist much anymore.
With almost every case having a window, side panel vents go away.
And the only ones still made are cheap cases with poor airflow that are using tooling from decade-old cases.

May i ask why you want this? The main benefit is good GPU temps, but most cases without a side fan have fine GPU temps.

Mar 19, 2020
They don't exist much anymore.
With almost every case having a window, side panel vents go away.
And the only ones still made are cheap cases with poor airflow that are using tooling from decade-old cases.

May i ask why you want this? The main benefit is good GPU temps, but most cases without a side fan have fine GPU temps.
I don't care for a window and I want better GPU temps. Cases I've looked into are pretty old so im hesitant on buying, especially since they are sketchy ones found on ebay but still

Cooler Master HAF 922 looks pretty cool with 200mm side fan support.
Fractal Define R5
Corsair R500 but I cant find one of these.

The front looks pretty blocked off. The side is open tho.

I honestly would go with a modern case with a front mesh front. Your GPU thermals may be slightly hotter but everything else would be lower.

See Fractal design Meshify C. You can get it without a window too.

I had a HAF 912 Plus many years ago. While I don't like the look of it, it did have a fairly good airflow. That was the idea with those cases, HAF stands for High Airflow.

Although a name doesn't mean anything regarding airflow, in my experience they did pretty good.
For the time, build quality was good, but compared to more recent quality cases, it is average in quality I'd say.
I gave the case to a friend and he still uses it, and there are no worn out parts (threads for screws and the tool free 5.25" bays), except for the fans maybe.. -they were not amazingly brilliant.

Solution

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
I've made a quick search on Newegg and they seem to have some (decent) options, though I think most are more on the budget side. Carbide 200R, V100, MX330-X, to write down a few. With some patience you should be able to find a case that suits your preferences.

TRENDING THREADS