Lutfij

Titan
It looks like the fan might be a direct replacement but I'd advise that you remove the fans on your existing GPU's fan shroud and use the model for said fans into Aliexpress to narrow down possible candidates for said fan replacements.

Apr 21, 2022
It looks like the fan might be a direct replacement but I'd advise that you remove the fans on your existing GPU's fan shroud and use the model for said fans into Aliexpress to narrow down possible candidates for said fan replacements.
The GPU fan in the link that I posted is currently out of stock, it's no longer available from local online sellers on Amazon, so I have to pay twice the price (due to shipping charges) to get it from other sellers .
The shipping charges for fans sold on Aliexpress cost 3 to 4 times the cost of the fan.

I should've given more details about the problem that I experienced with my GPU. Since last year my GPU fans started making some noise and the fans stopped working every now and then, this would cause the PC to crash or display a black screen (depending on the game I'm playing) due to high temperatures. Then the fans stopped working completely. I undervolted and power limited the GPU to 75 Watts with a modified bios to prevent overheating, so It performed slightly slower than a GT 740.

I recently built a new PC with an Intel Core i7-12700 processor. I'm planning to buy a next gen GPU (something like an RTX 4060/4060 ti/4070 or RX 7600/7600 XT/7700 depending on the price) when they are priced around MSRP. So I'll have to use this GTX 760 till I get a new GPU. I've never installed this GPU on my new PC as the GPU reaches 90 degrees (max temperature) even with the modified BIOS (when gaming on my old PC).

I recently cleaned this GPU with an air blower and noticed that the fans started working (sometimes) with a rattling noise. When one or both the fans don't start up, I could get them to work if I turn them with my finger or a screw driver, so I was wondering if I could try applying a lubricant to make it work all the time. I only need this GPU till next year. What kind of lubricant should I buy?

Last edited:

I recently cleaned this GPU with an air blower and noticed that the fans started working (sometimes) with a rattling noise. When one or both the fans don't start up, I could get them to work if I turn them with my finger or a screw driver, so I was wondering if I could try applying a lubricant to make it work all the time. I only need this GPU till next year. What kind of lubricant should I buy?
Use an extremely light-weight machine oil...something like '3-in-1' oil.

DO NOT use WD-40, it's a decent enough light-weight lubricant for a couple days until it dries out to a gummy residue that just binds it up worse.

But any oiling won't last long if the bearings are worn bad enough to be making noise. If you have room in the case...and don't mind the ugliness of it...you might consider using some zip ties to hold on a couple of chassis fans since it's temporary anyway. Asus is selling a 3080 with Noctua fans that's probably the king of ugly, but it works and sells.

Last edited:

jasonf2

Distinguished
Once fan vibration has started cleaning and/or lubrication wont do much if anything for it. Replacement is really your only option and trying to tack a stock cooling fan into the system can work with very mixed results. There are quite a few design variables to fans, even though they are pretty part count simple. Typically fans listed on amazon are 7-25 dollars. You aren't out much so it is almost always worth a try but keep an eye on thermals once installed.