[SOLVED] I'm looking for a file cutter/joiner that`s not malware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinderbox (UK)

Commendable
Feb 22, 2022
I have an 100GB zip file i need to split into manageable chunks.
I have googled all the free tools/apps but I found they all light up VirusTotal like a Christmas Tree.

I am using Windows11.

Thanks.

John.

I have an 100GB zip file i need to split into manageable chunks , I have google all the free ones i have found light up virus total like a Christmas Tree.

I am using Windows11.

Thanks.

John.

This is the standard one that everyone uses.

Reactions: Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK)

Commendable
Feb 22, 2022
Just looking to split the100gb file into 4, to fit on 32gb flash drives, and then the software needs to be able to join them back together, I tried the software you linked but it`s seems too complicated take 4minutes to process a 4gb test file into many many files, How do i set it to split into 4 files .

Thanks.

John.

Just looking to split the100gb file into 4, to fit on 32gb flash drives, and then the software needs to be able to join them back together, I tried the software you linked but it`s seems too complicated take 4minutes to process a 4gb test file into many many files, How do i set it to split into 4 files .

Thanks.

John.
If that's too complicated try this:

https://hjsplit.en.softonic.com/?ex=RAMP-2081.1

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
WinRAR is the simple way. Just tell it what size chunks to make and it does it. Put em all back together on the same drive and it'll read em and let you extract all the data. WinZip will do the same thing. Don't think anything will read across multiple USB drives though. So to extract it, you'll always have to copy them all to one place

Status
Not open for further replies.