[SOLVED] I'm Looking For A Mystery Device

Apr 16, 2020
I am having trouble finding a device that would suit my needs, and I'm not one to normally use forums but I am hoping the cumulative power of the internet can help me find something that will work out.

I am looking for a device that will allow me to hear audio from both a gaming console and a PC. I would like to be able to hear music or discord/skype from my computer, and the sound from a console that I am currently using in the same headset. It can be a setup that takes the audio from both devices and splits it from the video, or it could take both audio & video, and then has outputs for each.

If anyone has any suggestions It would be appreciated!

G1VLTyR.png

Solution
"I am looking for a device that will allow me to hear audio from both a gaming console and a PC."

Digital audio interface. Instead of running the consoles sound to speakers or headphones, run it into your computer and monitor it there. Any DAC with a line-level input should do the trick, or get one with an optical/Toslink input. It just depends on what you have coming out of the console/TV/receiver/other. Monitoring can be done with the included software, from windows settings, or from a DAW/recording software.

Probably there is a mic input on your motherboard and you can just run an aux cord to it.

Bruce Hugo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
"I am looking for a device that will allow me to hear audio from both a gaming console and a PC."

Digital audio interface. Instead of running the consoles sound to speakers or headphones, run it into your computer and monitor it there. Any DAC with a line-level input should do the trick, or get one with an optical/Toslink input. It just depends on what you have coming out of the console/TV/receiver/other. Monitoring can be done with the included software, from windows settings, or from a DAW/recording software.

Probably there is a mic input on your motherboard and you can just run an aux cord to it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS