Question I'm looking for a product that can convert a SATA or MSATA socket to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 socket ?

olryst

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Hello,

I want to increase the amount of USB ports on my laptop. I'm already using a multiport adapter. So, I don't need to know about USB multiport adapters.

I'm looking for a product that can convert a SATA or MSATA socket to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 socket.

Does anyone know of any products that can do this?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I want to increase the amount of USB ports on my laptop. I'm already using a multiport adapter. So, I don't need to know about USB multiport adapters.

I'm looking for a product that can convert a SATA or MSATA socket to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 socket.

Does anyone know of any products that can do this?
I don't think it is possible. USB has power delivery capabilities that SATA dataport doesn't.

I remember having seen some sort of auxiliary USB ports mounted on a caddy that goes to the Ultrabay of an IBM laptop. I can't find any information about it but I guess that was a basic SATA to USB adapter.

There are such things, but fitting them into an laptop will be an extra challenge.
This is just the first thing I found on ebay, I have zero personal experience with any, this might be crap or work great.