Question Im looking for a quiet mini itx case

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
hi, im looking for a quiet mini itx case, one that will fit a full length graphics card, decent sized atx power supply 160ish. and have room for an air cooler at least 95mm high.
That being said i dont care if its rgb or windowed. I would like something cube, or that sits horizontal or has a max height of 300mm or less.
Key thing is size and that its designed to be quiet. im going to be building a ryzen 3000 systeme with a x570 motherboard and i hear the extra fans are going to make that noisy.

thanks for all your help.

Ps i know water cooling might be quieter but im not ready for that. as far as price id like 150 or less

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the fan is what makes the noise. simply replace the stock fans with ones known to be quiet and any case is now a "quiet" one. i like the CoolerMaster Elite 130 but the cooler height is limited to 65 mm.

smaller cases are not designed for big air coolers and a small AIO is much more likely to fit easily. this case has room for a 120mm AIO easily but if you want air you'll have to find a smaller still efficient cooler again with a nice quiet fan if you have to add it in.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I recently got a Rajintek Metis that I like a good bit, but cannot recall what the fan size is. I have used the Cooler Master listed above, and it worked quite well. It's a "mesh" style case so air cooling worked well in it. I have also used a few cases from Lian Li that I liked a lot.

Given your specific requirements/desires, would probably just look on Newegg (etc) and click the selections for just MITX cases and then look through the specs to see what will work. As above, swap your stock fans for Noctua for example.
Keep in mind that due to space alone, putting a powerful processor and graphics cards into a small case like this is going to generate heat (typically) more than a larger case with more air volume and thus, louder fan noise.

TRENDING THREADS