[SOLVED] I'm looking to buy a new phone

Best-Yogurtcloset513

Commendable
Feb 1, 2022
I'm looking to buy new phone next month since i can afford it with my current budget.

I'm looking for a phone that have security in design since i would only use it for banking apps and maybe day to day use. Still preferred if privacy is still there but security comes first.

I'm currently watching Samsung s22 since they will release it this month but an iPhone could also be good.

Solution
Using the latest Android OS and iOS they both have pretty much the same security. The biggest security threat is the user, installing unknown apps, social media and email scams, falling for shady websites that try to steal your information.

Apple probably collects less information from the phones than Android does out of the box, but that really depends on what privacy settings you set and what applications you use.

As far as simply security of using a bank program, there would be no difference in them.
Using the latest Android OS and iOS they both have pretty much the same security. The biggest security threat is the user, installing unknown apps, social media and email scams, falling for shady websites that try to steal your information.

Apple probably collects less information from the phones than Android does out of the box, but that really depends on what privacy settings you set and what applications you use.

As far as simply security of using a bank program, there would be no difference in them.

Solution
The best "security" I'd advise is NOT using a phone for anything financially-related. Yes, use it for 2FA, but that's all. On your laptop/desktop, assign / install a browser you use the least for "secure" transactions - banking etc, and don't use said browser for anything else.

Feb 2, 2022
I'm looking to buy new phone next month since i can afford it with my current budget.

I'm looking for a phone that have security in design since i would only use it for banking apps and maybe day to day use. Still preferred if privacy is still there but security comes first.

I'm currently watching Samsung s22 since they will release it this month but an iPhone could also be good.
FWIW....
I just pre-ordered the S22-ultra using the Samsung web-site because BestBuy had run out of the "free memory upgrade". I ended up being able to order the Ultra-512GB for the price of the Ultra-128....because Samsung gives the free memory and they also give us veterans an additional discount....so my Ultra-512 was $1202.50 + sales tax. It's clearly a "want", not a "need", but my heirs will squander the money if I don't spend it!

Dave

TRENDING THREADS