[SOLVED] im looking to get a graphics card to help my amd3 + computer whats my best option for navidia

Feb 24, 2020
im curently running a amd3+ gigabyte 970a mother board with amd 4 core theaded to 8 g ddr3 ram nzxt liquid cooled and curently have a gtx 750 graphice card and want to upgrade the graphice to a new navidia graphics card what are my best options for cost as i have not had this computer long and dont want to have to build a hole new rig just yet

Last edited:
Solution
You could get a REALLY cheap used 8 core 16 thread FX 8300 Vishera for the amd3+platform. It ran well with a GTX 1060 6gb that I had, hell I still have the CPU and Mobo in a build for my wife.
It is 32ns tech but with that number of cores sharing the workload it is still a more than capable CPU.
Feb 24, 2020
its an antec 650 but can upgrade at the same time this was my fist build and although everyone advises me its old tech ive not had room to complain on how it runs so far apart from the graphice

Feb 24, 2020
sorry i dont know much more this was my fist build and for what it is its a little beast but the graphice lets me down at times with low frames while the graphice card is at 100% and cpu at part usage i just want somthing to help it along a bit ive had a look at the gtx 1660 and a 1070 ti although if i uprade later i can swap the 1070 ti into the new rig

Feb 24, 2020
ive got about £ 600 - £800 at the min but will be looking to upgrade completely at a later date i could do a full upgrade right now but dont want to just yet as i have not had this rig long and would kind feel like a waist of money to have to buy a new case motherboard ram graphics hard drives power supply cables and all the rest but when i do i want full rgb

Feb 24, 2020
in total ive just got £5000 and am on about £700 a mounth so i could upgrade faiurly soon but i just dont want to get rid of this little moster afer 6 months of use and i baught all brand new parts from ccl how bad would the bottleneck be with a 1070 and would it still improve frames or will they still sit in the low teens/ 30s

You could get a REALLY cheap used 8 core 16 thread FX 8300 Vishera for the amd3+platform. It ran well with a GTX 1060 6gb that I had, hell I still have the CPU and Mobo in a build for my wife.
It is 32ns tech but with that number of cores sharing the workload it is still a more than capable CPU.

Solution
That CPU doesn't exist. The top of the line CPUs for am3+ is 8 core 8 thread but sometimes show as 4 core 8 thread in software due to the architecture. I suspect his CPU is already one of the higher-end models for that board.
in total ive just got £5000 and am on about £700 a mounth so i could upgrade faiurly soon but i just dont want to get rid of this little moster afer 6 months of use and i baught all brand new parts from ccl how bad would the bottleneck be with a 1070 and would it still improve frames or will they still sit in the low teens/ 30s
Bad idea to buy those parts 6 months ago given newer Ryzen chips existed for good prices. But anyhow, the 1070 will help performance as you are currently CPU bound, but you still may not get great performance.

Reactions: Schlachtwolf
Feb 24, 2020
and it was my first build and my mate helped me so they where his parts and gave me the parts to build my fist rig well some of them anyway and i think your right it being one of the higher end cpu but ill be upgrading posably next year so all shoud be ok and my mate had the same build with a 1070 is so i think it might just run it as he never had an issue there

On an Amd 3+ platform a GTX1660ti is plenty or even a GTX1060 6gb will do as much if not more than the rest of your system can handle, everything else is pretty much overkill.... unless it is that you are going to upgrade the rest of your system within the next 6-12 months. And if that is the case I would wait the 6 months and build a beast from the bottom up !!!

The Ryzen 4000 series will likely be out in the autum and the the prices of good Ryzen 2nd generation gaming CPU's on the AM4 platform like the 2600x-2700x and even the middle range 3000 series will go way down. So if I were you I would wait until September/October and see what the market is doing.