[SOLVED] I'm looking to update the BIOS on my ASRock AB350 Pro4 to install a Ryzen 5 3600

Aug 27, 2021
My current CPU is a Ryzen 3 1300X and the current version of the BIOS is P5.00, I know I have to update it to 5.80 for it to be compatible with the 3600, but I'm not sure if I can update the BIOS directly to the latest version, or if I should update it to the specific 5.80 version or another one. From what I've seen in the ASRock website, some versions require me to install certain versions first to update (eg. 5.70 tells me to update to 5.40 first), so I'm confused as to how to proceed right now.

I should add that I'll only update the BIOS once my new CPU arrives, but I wanna make sure I'll do this right.

Thank you for the help.

Solution
My current CPU is a Ryzen 3 1300X and the current version of the BIOS is P5.00, I know I have to update it to 5.80 for it to be compatible with the 3600, but I'm not sure if I can update the BIOS directly to the latest version, or if I should update it to the specific 5.80 version or another one. From what I've seen in the ASRock website, some versions require me to install certain versions first to update (eg. 5.70 tells me to update to 5.40 first), so I'm confused as to how to proceed right now.

I should add that I'll only update the BIOS once my new CPU arrives, but I wanna make sure I'll do this right.

Thank you for the help.
The 5.80 BIOS says that you have to have 5.40 first. AND they all say you have to update your...

kanewolf

Titan

Thank you for the help.
The 5.80 BIOS says that you have to have 5.40 first. AND they all say you have to update your all-in-1 driver.
So I would install the 18.50.16 all-in-1 than install 5.40 than install 5.80. I would check for problems at each step.
Do the all-in-1 then verify that you can boot and not blue screen. Repeat for each BIOS update.
See the notes on the BIOS download on this page -- https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS
Once you swap CPUs, you could upgrade to the latest BIOS.

Reactions: MánoMiguel
Solution
Aug 27, 2021
The 5.80 BIOS says that you have to have 5.40 first. AND they all say you have to update your all-in-1 driver.
So I would install the 18.50.16 all-in-1 than install 5.40 than install 5.80. I would check for problems at each step.
Do the all-in-1 then verify that you can boot and not blue screen. Repeat for each BIOS update.
See the notes on the BIOS download on this page -- https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS
Once you swap CPUs, you could upgrade to the latest BIOS.
So I'm guessing that updating directly from 5.00 to 6.40 doesn't work, and there's little reason to do so anyway?