[SOLVED] Im looking to upgrade from a 1050ti but im not sure whats possible on my system

Sep 11, 2019
My system as it stands:
64 bit windows 10 home

Asus 1050ti 4gb

8gb of ram DDR4

Asus prime A320m-k motherboard

AMD ryzen 3 1300x quad core processor(3.5ghz)

Corsair cx450 bronze PSU

240gb SSD as boot drive

Seagate 1TB hardrive

Also powering a 70hz samsung monitor

So yeah thats the basics anyway, so im interested to know where i can stretch with a gpu upgrade. Thanks for any help in advance.

Solution
Yes, but you're probably not going to see it's full potential with only 8GB of RAM and a 1300x. But I wouldn't go beyond that like I said unless you PLAN to upgrade the platform with a newer CPU that is more capable sometime soon.
Sep 11, 2019
Yes, but you're probably not going to see it's full potential with only 8GB of RAM and a 1300x. But I wouldn't go beyond that like I said unless you PLAN to upgrade the platform with a newer CPU that is more capable sometime soon.
thats the problem now with my pc, it has been a constant upgrade for the last 8 or 9 years and im getting to the point now where in looking for improved performance im going to require multiple upgrades. Maybe its time to look at a new system.

thats the problem now with my pc, it has been a constant upgrade for the last 8 or 9 years and im getting to the point now where in looking for improved performance im going to require multiple upgrades. Maybe its time to look at a new system.

well the good thing is you are running a ryzen build so you could upgrade to any 2nd or 3rd gen ryzen CPU as long as you update your motherboards BIOS before doing so. with a system like that i would first be looking at upgrading the ram to at least 16GB

Reactions: scottmcfc17