I'm making my own games: Super/Power/Extra but I've a ques..

.....shall I give Lightingrod to Water-type pokémon? Just
wondering..........

(P.s. I think it's crazy to give Nosepass ability to prevent its
weakness from escaping)

Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> Why would it?

Lightningrod attracts Electric-type attacks.

Water is weak to electricity.

A Water-type Pokémon with the Lightningrod ability, unless it has a
secondary Ground-type, would be taken out immediately. Period.

Volt Absorb, which doesn't attract Electricity but instead absorbs it
and doesn't cause damage from it, is much more preferable on any
Water-type save for Wooper/Quagsire and Barboach/Whiscash.
Lightningrod, meanwhile, is preferable on a Ground-type, such as
Rhydon.

Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

> Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?

Yes. How could you anyway?

Chriz wrote:

> Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:
>

>>Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?
>

> Yes. How could you anyway?

He has a GameShark.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in

> Chriz wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:
>>

>>>Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?
>>

>> Yes. How could you anyway?
>>
> He has a GameShark.
So anybody fancy making a guess at how long it will be before we get the
"gameshark screwed up my game!" post >;-Þ
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

GameShark has nothing to do with it! And no I don't have it yet! This
is about my own fake games. But yeah, it would be bad idea! The
Lightingrod would beat the pokémon that is water-type in no time! But
is it really true that if Manectric uses Thunder it will be sent back
to it?

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> GameShark has nothing to do with it! And no I don't have it yet! This
> is about my own fake games. But yeah, it would be bad idea! The
> Lightingrod would beat the pokémon that is water-type in no time!
But
> is it really true that if Manectric uses Thunder it will be sent back
> to it?

Hypothetical scenarios then. That's safer...

As for the Electric-type attacks bouncing back on the Lightningrod
users? Doubtful. Possibly very comical in the anime, but doubtful.

"William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Why would it?
>
> Lightningrod attracts Electric-type attacks.
>
> Water is weak to electricity.
>
> A Water-type Pokémon with the Lightningrod ability, unless it has a
> secondary Ground-type, would be taken out immediately. Period.

Maybe I've misunderstood Blaziken Master's question, but it seems to me that
he's asking whether he ought to create a new water Pokémon with the
Lightningrod ability.

It's an interesting enough idea for a semi-gimmicky Pokémon. Give it an
utterly insane Special Defense, but to compensate, give it Lightningrod.
Oh, and give it rubbish stats for the rest, seeing as Lightningrod is only
an issue in 2vs2 battles anyway.

Besides, creating new Pokémon is so 2002.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109

Once upon a time weirdwolf decided to write:

> "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
>
>> Chriz wrote:
>>
>>> Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

>>> Yes. How could you anyway?
>>>
>> He has a GameShark.
> So anybody fancy making a guess at how long it will be before we get
> the "gameshark screwed up my game!" post >;-Þ
> Ted

If I had a game shark, I'd only make Pokémon learn legitimate moves that I
wouldn't be able to have due to lack of TMs or if it's too difficult to
breed and pass on that moves since you may have already raised a good
Pokémon.

TRENDING THREADS