Question I'm moving to Sweden. Can I get a new power cord that works with Swedish power?

Mar 11, 2022
I have a laptop that I bought here in the US that I'm taking with me to Sweden next month when I move. Can I get a new power cable for it that works with Swedish power, or do I need to buy a new laptop once I get there? Obviously, I'd rather not buy a new laptop, but I will if necessary. Thank you.

If it's just a power cable, you would be able to buy it in any electrical store. However since it's for a laptop, it may include a transformer, in which case you would want to find one that is made for your laptop.
Power adapters may work for tourists, not for people who moves to a country.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a laptop that I bought here in the US that I'm taking with me to Sweden next month when I move. Can I get a new power cable for it that works with Swedish power, or do I need to buy a new laptop once I get there? Obviously, I'd rather not buy a new laptop, but I will if necessary. Thank you.
What is the voltage printed on the brick in the cable?

Can I get a new power cable for it that works with Swedish power, or do I need to buy a new laptop once I get there? Obviously, I'd rather not buy a new laptop, but I will if necessary.
Check power adapter of your laptop.
It may already support necessary input voltage range for Sweden. Then only power cable is necessary.

If power adapter doesn't support 220V input voltage, then you'll need a new adapter.