Question I'm not able to install netframework 3.5

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
No matter what I do, this program just won't install. Windows Updater is stuck. I downloaded the program from microsoft, it launches automatic installer and it's doing nothing. No matter what I try, installation just hangs there for hours with no progress.

It's like windows doesn't want this program to install. I downloaded the update KB4506991 from microsoft, launched it, it's different kind of installer but it's still not installing the program. Just displays windows of installation with no progress

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Here is something I have used to get computers working again a few times: (Read the entire thing first)

Uninstall .NET Framework and any and all Visual C++ Redistributables (Make note of the major versions before uninstalling, ie 2010 x86 or x64).

To uninstall .NET framework you need to go to Windows Add/Remove Features.

4.6/4.7 and 3.5 and 2.0 might be present depending on which Windows version you have. Uninstall them, reboot and then re-install them. It may ask for the Windows media, so be prepared with a copy of the ISO ready to mount.

Download the latest revision of each major redistributable and install them in order from least 2005 to greatest 2016 or whatever.

You can then also download and install the latest .Net framework version if you want.

If all that is unsuccesful you probably just need to re-install Windows.

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
4.6/4.7 and 3.5 and 2.0 might be present depending on which Windows version you have. Uninstall them, reboot and then re-install them.

how do I uninstall them? From windows features windows I can only turn them on or off

There's no Microsoft .Net framework in uninstall programs, from where you usually uninstall anything

Last edited:

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
okay. I turned them off. Now how do I install them. I'm just stuck with this screen

5f7b82ce-c403-4db1-b7f4-e07e869fcff7

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
Okay, I came upon this method.

It seems the framework has been installed, all tough the program that demanded the netframework won't launch. Window opens up, freezes and then shuts down :/

rcheulishvil

Reputable
Jan 25, 2019
You may need to run Windows updates against the system to get the .NET installs fully up to date.

my windows update is stuck on downloading some "upgrades." I think Windows Update is messed up, it's not doing nothing and that's the root of my problems. Can I flush it or something? Reset maybe?