[SOLVED] im not benefiting from the VRAM in my GPU

ahmadshdfn15

Reputable
Jan 17, 2019
i have a Radeon R5 M430 it has 2GB DDR3 VRAM and outlast is using 180MB max what should i do?

most games tend to do the same

Solution
Depending on your settings you may not need it. The settings that card can handle likely do not require 2gb of vram, so it is unused. Ddr3 vram is slow meaning the card may not be able to use the full 2gb since it would be too slow to load all of the details without lag.
Depending on your settings you may not need it. The settings that card can handle likely do not require 2gb of vram, so it is unused. Ddr3 vram is slow meaning the card may not be able to use the full 2gb since it would be too slow to load all of the details without lag.

Solution

ahmadshdfn15

Reputable
Jan 17, 2019

i tried something the other day when i searched for how to change fortnites priority because i couldnt do it from task manager and i saw a video on youtube on how to do it it was something the guy did in regedit normally when i change games prioritys in task manager nothing major happens but when i did what was in the video it my vram usage went from 200MB to 1300MB and the game was always on high priority i tried to do it to other games but didnt work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrG-KrJ2Ao&t=108s thats
the video link