Question Im not getting the fps i should be

Oct 24, 2023
Hi
I have recently built my first pc so im still not too great at all this stuff and im not sure what to do

My specs:
Gpu:Amd radeon r9 380
Cpu:Amd ryzen 5 5600
Ram:dr4 32g
*im not sure if anything else is needed

So my problem is that i recently watched a video in which a youtuber tested out the same gpu i have and specifically tested it on gta 5, he used a what i believe to be worse cpu than me so i dont think thats the issue(He used an intel core i7 3770k) but in the video he managed to get around 80fps in almost all areas of the game on 1080p very high settings and i barely manage to get 55fps on just high settings, i thought that maybe i didnt have the latest drivers installed but im not sure how to get around to doing that but i would really like to know if there is a reason for this

*edit: i believe in the video he did increase the power limit of the gpu which i also tried but had no affect on performance

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi
I have recently built my first pc so im still not too great at all this stuff and im not sure what to do

My specs:
Gpu:Amd radeon r9 380
Cpu:Amd ryzen 5 5600
Ram:dr4 32g
*im not sure if anything else is needed

So my problem is that i recently watched a video in which a youtuber tested out the same gpu i have and specifically tested it on gta 5, he used a what i believe to be worse cpu than me so i dont think thats the issue(He used an intel core i7 3770k) but in the video he managed to get around 80fps in almost all areas of the game on 1080p very high settings and i barely manage to get 55fps on just high settings, i thought that maybe i didnt have the latest drivers installed but im not sure how to get around to doing that but i would really like to know if there is a reason for this

*edit: i believe in the video he did increase the power limit of the gpu which i also tried but had no affect on performance
Never believe a YouTube video especially if it not recent, game patches can completely change everything, and on top of that I can make one and come out with any results I wish.

What is very high settings are ALL your settings exactly matching his?

EDIT the 380 video is very old and a lot can depend on the exact card and if it's overclocked. I don't think they have any recent drivers as they tend to stop driver development when a card is basically obsolete.