I'm not pc savvy. Can you guys check if this set up is actually compatible. I'm fixed on my budget...

Sep 2, 2018
Hello guys. I would like your expertise on this build I have in mind. Any recommendations/improvements for around the same price range would be appreciated as I am real tight on budget. I do plan on upgrading(i.e.adding another ram) as I go by.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400g
MOBO: Asrock B350 PRO4 ATX
COOLER: Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P
PSU: Corsair VS650 650w
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8gb
DDR4 DRAM 2400 mhz
SSD: Kingston A400 SSD 120gb 2.5"
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA
GPU: Zotac GeForce GT 1030 2gb DDR5 64bit
CASE: Ice Cool CPU case 3

Oh and your personal rating as well so I can compare.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you're building on a limited budget, I wouldn't bother with that relatively expensive CPU cooler, and instead put that money toward other components that will make more of a difference in performance, such as a dedicated graphics card. Here's one example of what could be done, but you might go with other components if the prices or availability differ where you are...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:...
So there's really no reason to get the GT1030 with a Ryzen 2200G, they perform about the same. I would upgrade the graphics card to a 1050 if its in your budget. If you do go down that route I would recommend a i3 8100 and 1050 over a 2200g and 1050

That power supply is junk, get a Corsair CX450(not the ones with green lettering) or CX450M

RAM should be bought in dual channel kits, meaning buy ram that is sold as 2 4GB sticks.

Sep 2, 2018
Nice thanks for the reply! Ok I will drop the gpu for now as I will still have the Ryzen 5 2400G avail and will just get a better gpu next time.
will upg the ram and get dual channel kits and even the psu as well.
You are awesome thanks.

Sep 2, 2018
Here are the updated/replaced parts

GPU: none for now
RAM: Corsair Vengance RGB PRO 16gb(2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ
PSU: Corsair CX550M 80 PLUS (no avail stock for the CX450M)

If you're building on a limited budget, I wouldn't bother with that relatively expensive CPU cooler, and instead put that money toward other components that will make more of a difference in performance, such as a dedicated graphics card. Here's one example of what could be done, but you might go with other components if the prices or availability differ where you are...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB AERO ITX Video Card ($119.99 @ B&H)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 Tempered Glass MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $565.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-03 00:26 EDT-0400

In this example, I cut out the tower cooler and added a GTX 1050, which can get about double the gaming performance of a 1030 or the integrated Vega graphics in the Ryzen 2400G.

I also swapped the CPU for a 6-core/12-thread Ryzen 2600, which should only cost a little more than a 4-core/8-thread 2400G, and may get better performance in future games due to the higher core count. The 2600 doesn't include integrated graphics, but if you're using a dedicated graphics card, those won't be necessary. As another option if you're looking to cut costs to get the dedicated card, you could cut the processor down to something like a 4-core/4-thread Ryzen 2200G.

I also went with a B450 motherboard, since the 400-series motherboards are guaranteed to run AMD's 2000-series CPUs, while with a 300-series motherboard, you may potentially need to update the BIOS, which requires a first-generation Ryzen CPU to perform. I also picked a board with 4 memory slots, so that more RAM can be added in the future.

And for RAM, I cut it back down to 2 x 4GB sticks, since nearly all games still run well enough on that, and RAM is priced rather high right now. In the future, an upgrade to 16GB will likely be necessary to run the latest games though. You could of course go with 16GB now if you have the budget for it. Again, putting that money toward a graphics card would undoubtedly result in better gaming performance in the short term though.

The case is just a random inexpensive option, since I didn't see the one you listed at that site. And I went with a relatively cheap but decent PSU, though there may be better options depending on what prices are like in your area. If you are in a different country where the prices are significantly different, there might potentially be better options for any of these components.

Edit: I just noticed you had an SSD in your build, but I didn't include one here. It's certainly an option to include one as a boot drive, and maybe install a couple of your most played games to if you have the room. As far as gaming performance goes, an SSD generally won't help frame rates, but can improve load times. It's arguably a good thing to have in a gaming system, but again, not nearly as important for performance as a dedicated graphics card.

Solution