Question Im not sure if its my cpu fault but its wierd

megablackX

Prominent
Mar 31, 2020
Before the day the problem happened i played a game called csgo my grpahics card is a GTX 1070 and i have an i7-7700k and i get in total of 280 fps. however the next day i started to get my fps lower than im used and jumping around highest its been 240 fps and jumps to 90 fps to 140 fps than 200 fps rarely and really rare 240 fps. i checked my tempreature and all my hardware but everything seems fine

Could be the power settings in windows or in the nvidia control panel, I find the Windows Balance power plan seem to have issues with some low demanding games as the CPU doesn't ramp up all the time as the game hardly taxes it, Try high performance power plan.

Nvidia Control panel, you will want to set the power option to prefer max performance, and give it a go.

megablackX

Prominent
Mar 31, 2020
Full system specs? What temps are you getting? Use DDU to uninstall GPU drivers and reinstall them from Nvidia.
my specs are i7-7700k gtx 1070 nvidia from zotac z270xp motherboard 2 tbHDD 240 gb ssd on my cpu temp it says on my water cooling system from corsair 60 degrees however both on my bios and msi afterburner it says 99 degrees unpluged my computer check if it had thermal paste it had good amount of thermal but than removed it on both side and readded a new one to see if it might solve the problem which didnt the pc is cool it has 4 working fans.

megablackX

Prominent
Mar 31, 2020
my specs are i7-7700k gtx 1070 nvidia from zotac z270xp motherboard 2 tbHDD 240 gb ssd on my cpu temp it says on my water cooling system from corsair 60 degrees however both on my bios and msi afterburner it says 99 degrees unpluged my computer check if it had thermal paste it had good amount of thermal but than removed it on both side and readded a new one to see if it might solve the problem which didnt the pc is cool it has 4 working fans.
btw it runs everything on low and it also has 90 fps and i used to get 350 fps

TRENDING THREADS