[SOLVED] Im not sure if my pcie is damaged or my gpu

Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I was using my pc yesterday but the power went off while I was using it, once it returned I turned the pc on but when I pressed the power button it only flashed like an electric discharge, after that the pc booted normaly with the integrated graphics, but when I put my gpu in I get green dots and the error 43 shows up.
The gpu was working fine on my old pc, I'm not sure if the discharge damaged the pcie slot (the gtx wasn't in the pc until after the discharge). One of the sata stopped working too, I was hoping to get help from someone with more knowledge.

I tried clearing the bios, update drivers, reinstall the gpu, reinstall Windows.

My pc specs:
-Asus H110M-Prime
-I3-7100
-Gamemax 650W bronce
-Zotac Gtx 760
-4Gb Ram from crucial

Solution
D
Well, keep in mind next time to never cheap out on a PSU. It's the most important component of your PC and quite literally the heart of it. I wouldn't trust that PSU in any other PC except office boxes.
Hi, I was using my pc yesterday but the power went off while I was using it, once it returned I turned the pc on but when I pressed the power button it only flashed like an electric discharge, after that the pc booted normaly with the integrated graphics, but when I put my gpu in I get green dots and the error 43 shows up.
The gpu was working fine on my old pc, I'm not sure if the discharge damaged the pcie slot (the gtx wasn't in the pc until after the discharge). One of the sata stopped working too, I was hoping to get help from someone with more knowledge.

I tried clearing the bios, update drivers, reinstall the gpu, reinstall Windows.

My pc specs:
-Asus H110M-Prime
-I3-7100
-Gamemax 650W bronce
-Zotac Gtx 760
-4Gb Ram from crucial
Error 43 is corrupt/gpu driver issue. Since you had reinstal the driver and windows, so driver is not the issue.
Gamemax PSU is not really recommended for gaming. Using bad PSU, for gaming purpose and long term use will kill the component slowly. In this case, propably is the Motherboard.

Btw, do you from IDN ? Gamemax is little bit popular there.

Reactions: lukas25611
D

Deleted member 2720853

Well, keep in mind next time to never cheap out on a PSU. It's the most important component of your PC and quite literally the heart of it. I wouldn't trust that PSU in any other PC except office boxes.

Solution
https://www.google.com/search?q=gam...AQ&biw=360&bih=612&dpr=2#imgrc=PJt7utdMGLmJ1M

Thats the psu, it wasn't my prefered choice but at that time in Chile it was the only one with bronce certification I could affort, for twice the price I would only get 400w from evga.
Yeah, that brand is not trusted. Would be better for saving a little bit for PSU.
and I just noticed GTX 760 need 2X6 pin for GPU, and minimum PSU requirement is 600W.
Unstable PSU for heavy load will affect the systems.

Apr 15, 2020

How much Watts would I need for an i3-7100, Gtx 1060 3gb, 1 SSD, 2 HDD and 3 fans?