I'm not sure what card to go for?

Daedurus

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hey guys, I'm on the process of building a new computer, not going to buy it right off the bat but I'd rather get some confirmation of what graphics card I'm going to go for.

I've been eyeing the new 1000+ series and looked at the 1060..
Another graphics card caught my eye, that being the 980Ti.

I've seen the benchmarks on both cards and it shows the 980Ti outperforming the 1060??
Is there something I'm missing out on or are both cards configured for different resolutions?

I'm looking to spend around $1500 Australian Dollars (since i'm from Australia) max being around 1700-1800 IF there is a valid reason to bump it up.

I'm not a heavy gamer, but I would really like to know which card of the two would be able to max out games like GTA 5, Rust (looking to start) etc.

Thank you for reading :)

Daedurus

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

I might as well go for the 1440p resolution I actually feel like going all out.. I think I might get the GTX 1070.
I just need to figure out what monitor to get.. the other components I'm fine with but just needed explanation with these graphics cards..

I just want a graphics card that'll max out the highest graphic, memory consuming game which at the moment is GTA 5 but may be Rust later on i'm not entirely sure.
I'll be pairing it with the i5-6660 maybe even the overclocked version of the 6660 so i'm looking for something that'll run the games that i play at max settings at a stable 60+ fps.

Rocket League, Overwatch, CS:GO (here and there) Football Manager 2016, GTA 5, Payday 2, L4D2, NBA 2K, FIFA etc are mainly the games that i play so i don't really think it should be MUCH.