Question im on a budget and im looking for a good psu is the RAIDMAX SCORPIO RX-835AP-S worth my money

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
now before you guys start screaming about how poor i am and how this psu is going to explode like the tsar bomb whipping out half of plant earth please give me some actual opinion
iv been looking for a good psu cuz i plan on overclocking and getting water cooling and some other shit iv been running an ez cool Chinese psu for 3 years and no it didnt explode but it died supper random when swapping for a new mobo and cpu im currently with some chinese 460w psu cuz my system only need 280-300W but after upgrades and stuff im gona need a powerful psu and iv been looking at the mentioned raidmax that is being sold at a local shop with 80 plus bronze active pfc it has 2 years warranty ATX-12v with a 135mm fan 835W and all this safety certificates passed:CE,FCC,CB,BSMI, TUV, cTUVus.
is it worth the shot or should collect some money and get se corsair one

AVOID using RAIDMAX PSUs like a plague.....These are very low-end cheap power supply units. I would rather light a bulb instead, if I ever get my hands on one of these units.

Also, list your FULL system specs. Why do you need a 1250W PSU for your rig ?

Last edited:

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
AVOID using RAIDMAX PSUs like a plague.....These are very low-end power supply units. Also, list your FULL system specs. Why do you need a 1250W PSU for your rig ?
i dont need i dont think i even need 800w psu but im one of the people that like planning ahead and im really looking forward getting into overclocking on some budget i7 or something like that and i like to have a bit of power for everything but also no burning my pc
my pc specs are:amd fx 8370E. 16 gb ddr3 ram.gtx 960 asus strix 2gb.a zalman cpu cooler.asrock m3n78d fx.

Even if you are into overclocking, 1250 Watts is kind of overkill, at least for a SINGLE GPU rig. Looking at your modest PC specs, I won't recommend you go for a 1KW PSU. 550-650 Watts at the max.

Also, just having extra Wattage, doesn't make any PSU or the system/PC safe. It all depends on the BUILD quality/efficiency of the PSU. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load.

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
ZX series was ok ...Made by Great Wall, but not great , they came out in 2010-2011. I would want a newer platform.
nah i kinda said it like a joke ok so no raidmax psu so basically so for what iv seen from people say is that i should just throw all money at a very expensive psu?
i will probably go for a corsair psu or something like that

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
Even if you are into overclocking, 1250 Watts is kind of overkill, at least for a SINGLE GPU rig. Looking at your modest PC specs, I won't recommend you go for a 1KW PSU. 550-650 Watts at the max.

Also, just having extra Wattage, doesn't make any PSU or the system/PC safe. It all depends on the BUILD quality/efficiency of the PSU. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load.
i said it as a joke i know its pointless