[SOLVED] I'm out of ideas, please help! (ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI) + 5900x)

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
I will try to describe my problem the best i can...

I recently did an upgrade:

• ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI)
  • RYZEN 9 5900X
  • COOLER MASTER MASTERAIR MA610P RGB
  • 2X16 3000 MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO
  • MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB GAMING X
  • WD BLACK 4TB
  • WD BLUE 1TB
  • AEROCOOL KCAS 700W FULL RANGE
Everything is new, except the 1080 TI and HDD's/SSD's.

The problem is i feel the system a little sluggish, and the worst part is when i use AirExplorer (a program for Download/Upload file from different host like Google Drive).
When i use Air Explorer and play games, i get FPS Drops every x minutes. If i not use AE games runs fine.

Things i already tried:

✅Old and new versions of Win 10.
✅Different version of Air Explorer.
✅Save files i download from AE to a different Disk in my PC. (I have my Win installed on a SSD and i use the WD Black for the downloads)
✅Old and latest BETA BIOS.
✅All Chipset Drivers are installed and are the latest versions.
✅Different power plans.
✅There is NO conflicts/problems on the Device Manager.

IPurpNp.png

Still the same result/problem.

*I must say in my old INTEL system, an I7700K + Msi Z270 Gaming M3 never had this problem, i could leave Air Explorer downloading/uploading things and play games without any problems. And we are talking about Single Player/Offline games , not Multiplayer, just in case.

I can't believe i have this kind of problem with this beast of CPU, multitasking with AE an playing a game should be a piece of cake...

I'm really close to sell this CPU + Mother and switch to an 10900k + a new Mother.

I regret so much for not listening my friend who told me: "if a was you, i would go for the 10900k, AMD have lot of problems with incompatibilities..."

Last edited:
Solution
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

Reactions: ZeroCool22
Solution

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016

4swmcSO.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
You don't need internet download manager, I seen it cause problems before - it might conflict with that program you mentioned.
Callback looks old
do you know if you use the intel or Realtek lan drivers?
your Intel are up to date but the Realtek ones are from 2 years ago. Newer here, 4th link under windows - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

not sure i would use beta bios but it should be okay. Shouldn't cause problems (hopefully)

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
Mmmm, Internet Download Manager is a really good download manager, it's excellent for G. Drive, i have a lot of time using it, in my old setup i used it and Air Explorer without problems.

About the LAN DRIVER, i use the ones that are in the Mother Board page:

tOcEIGq.png

I have 2 connections (different ISP's) and also 2 Ethernet Adapters, the generic one TP Link and the one that comes with the ASUS Mother.

I must say i try it with the TP Link one and the same problem happens, DROPS FPS in games.
At this point i'm thinking it's some problem AMD have with that program... i mean it's really strange, why the hell the Ethernet adapter will interfere with my FPS in games??
The only i can think the Board ASUS doesn't handle the energy priority like should and send more energy to the Ethernet Adapter when using Air Explorer, i really don't know, the only thing i know is, with my old INTEL system this didn't happen.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021
maybe try setting the process priority for AE under normal and see what happens its not really a fix and it maynot work AE may crash , but if you dont figure the problem out and u dont sell the system ( all though u would have to pay me to take an AMD system ) it may help while your gaming . i would watch your system resources as well . i used to run a program in the back ground while i was playing games that would casue me to experience lower frame rates. it turned out that the program was hogging system resources and it wanted it all the more free mem i had the more it took there was never enough!!!

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
Could it be a PSU problem? (it's new), i see the MB have a extra connection for the power:

Ndrm0EQ.jpg

How mine is connected:

bIEbLU1.jpg

According to the manual: "the 4pin it is PSU related Please do not plug 4pin power only. The motherboard will overheat with heavy usage. Ensure to connect 8pin power plug or 8pin and 4pin power plug". Please PM me if you have any questions.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If your PSU has an extra power cable, I would plug it into that slot, as from what I read about it before, its not essential in some cases, but if its there, use it. It can help the power on CPU be more fluid.

it could help fix sluggishness as there shouldn't be any reason a 5900X feels slow.