[SOLVED] I'm planing to upgrade my pc. Can you give me a suggestion for the best and budget graphics card for athlon x4 860k?

Sep 17, 2021
you may be thinking why not upgrade to intel, well i'm on a tight budget that pretty much restricts me to FM2+ MB and AMD, I know intel are good but moving to intel will make me buy a new MB and a new OEM licence for windows. So if there are any other suggestions for a AMD CPU please tell me.

i play games like call of duty series (cant complete it because my pc cant handle the latest cod), watchdogs 1,2 and legion, and i want to play rdr2 and cyberpunk. I am not that expecting or wanting 60fps, i can play in 20-30 fps in these offline games. Im used to it.

Solution
With that socket you could get a Excavator-based Carrizo APU (Athlon X4 840, A8-7680) and overclock it, which should give you a tiny bit more performance, but I don't think that would be worth it. They are still FX/Bulldozer based, and perform like that. Things like RDR2 or Cyberpunk won't be fun even with that.

You don't have to move to intel, but an upgrade for that is needed, Ryzen-based AMD chips are just as capable.
And the point where used Intels are availabele but AMD aren't we're talking 4 core i5/i7, which will still not be that great for games like these.
At the lower end something like a Ryzen 3600 or i5-10400 I'd say.

And which do you mean with "the latest" CoD? Warzone? Vanguard?
From what I've seen Vanguard wants at...
Sep 17, 2021
what cpu, ram, and power supply (also how old it is) do you have now. Can you list them?

currently have a8-7600, single channel ram 8gb 1600mhz, and a 500w power supply, i dont know how old these are because theyre all just given to me by people i know when they upgraded their pc

Sep 17, 2021
4core cpu for those games wont be really smooth gaming experience no matter GPU, but if youre expecting gaming at around 30fps, well i suppose 30fps is reachable with your CPU

what budget do you have?

i dont really know my budget, perhaps i will adjust my budget based on what is y'all recommendation/s

With that socket you could get a Excavator-based Carrizo APU (Athlon X4 840, A8-7680) and overclock it, which should give you a tiny bit more performance, but I don't think that would be worth it. They are still FX/Bulldozer based, and perform like that. Things like RDR2 or Cyberpunk won't be fun even with that.

You don't have to move to intel, but an upgrade for that is needed, Ryzen-based AMD chips are just as capable.
And the point where used Intels are availabele but AMD aren't we're talking 4 core i5/i7, which will still not be that great for games like these.
At the lower end something like a Ryzen 3600 or i5-10400 I'd say.

And which do you mean with "the latest" CoD? Warzone? Vanguard?
From what I've seen Vanguard wants at least 8 cores to be properly smooth, and with 6 cores there will be loading stutters. But if you're okay with that, 6 cores will at least perform.
In terms of GPU even something like a RX 580 or GTX 1070 should give you stable >30 fps in 1080p on high settings. But not with that CPU.

For RDR2 we're looking at a GTX 1060 or RX 570 or better for 1080p with >30 fps
CPUs a 1600AF can do it
In terms of APU, it looks llike a 5600G will do the job.

But we really need a budget.
And god to plan for something that will last you a while.

Solution

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
currently have a8-7600, single channel ram 8gb 1600mhz, and a 500w power supply, i dont know how old these are because theyre all just given to me by people i know when they upgraded their pc

a budget gpu for your pc, I suggest a GT 1030. It's not very expensive, and should not tax your power supply too much.

if you're going to get a 1030, be sure to buy the GDDR5 version of it.
this video explains. :)

View: https://youtu.be/a80mtoQklSo

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
if you have 10$ to spare, add another stick of 8gb DDR3 ram. dismount the current one and check for the numbers on the internet and try to buy the same one. less headache.

But even with 16gb of ram and a new GPU, you will probably never reach 20 fps in modern AAA games with this mobo/CPU.

the RX480/580 is very good for the price if you can find it used, but you need PSU that has a 6-pin power cable like this :

61-zD8Hb0aL._SL1000_.jpg