[SOLVED] I'm planning on building a new pc, help.

Dec 15, 2019
Hello, I am planning on building a new gaming pc, the thing is I'm not sure wether I should get a i7 9700k+ rtx2060 super or an i5 7400+(a better GPU than rtx2060 super),the i5 7400 is in my current pc and i thought that i might use it in the new computer and get a better GPU than rtx2060 or just buy a new CPU(an i7 or even i9 i heard that the i9 isn't worth it though) and get the rtx2060 super, thanks to anyone who respondes here. I just wanna say that this is my first post and im a terrible writer you probably smashed your head against a wall while reading this.

Solution
I want to get better performance in games and I am planning on playing red dead redemption, the recommended cpu is i7-4770K which is better than the i5 7400

If your monitor is 1080 resolution you are fine with what you have for any game, unless running on high settings in every game at 60fps is more important to you than the money. Assuming you already have a 2060 card, it's not too clear what your full specs are outside of the fact you have the i5 CPU. For me, spending anything more than a $100 so I can run on high vs medium is a waste of money on the computer. I would need to be at 30fps on medium or worse before I got annoyed enough at the system to look at upgrades. Just something to think about.
Start from the beginning, if you have an i5-7400 now that is a perfectly fine CPU and the 2060 is also perfectly fine for gaming. Start with full system specs, including power supply and monitor you use and why you want to upgrade (outside of just "I like spending money").

Dec 15, 2019
Start from the beginning, if you have an i5-7400 now that is a perfectly fine CPU and the 2060 is also perfectly fine for gaming. Start with full system specs, including power supply and monitor you use and why you want to upgrade (outside of just "I like spending money").

I want to get better performance in games and I am planning on playing red dead redemption, the recommended cpu is i7-4770K which is better than the i5 7400

Red Redemption is a GPU killer but doesn't use the cpu all that intensively.

I have a 3800x and an Asus ROG Strix 2070 Super and can't push the graphics too high without an fps hit. Don't get me wrong, game looks stunning but it's not all that well optimized. Last few patches have improved things but that game chews up and spits out the top gpu's available today.

If your monitor is 1080 resolution you are fine with what you have for any game, unless running on high settings in every game at 60fps is more important to you than the money. Assuming you already have a 2060 card, it's not too clear what your full specs are outside of the fact you have the i5 CPU. For me, spending anything more than a $100 so I can run on high vs medium is a waste of money on the computer. I would need to be at 30fps on medium or worse before I got annoyed enough at the system to look at upgrades. Just something to think about.

Solution