[SOLVED] I'm planning on building pc and i want to make sure everything is compatible.

TheXG

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
MOTHERBOARD- Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
CPU- Intel Core i5-9400F
CPU COOLING- Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Pro Red
GPU- Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB GDDR5
MEMORY- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2666MHz x2
STORAGE- 250GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA & Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
POWER SUPPLY- Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W
CASE- Thermaltake Versa N27
MONITOR - Lenovo ThinkVision T24i-10 23.8''

Solution
What I think is that the entire build revolves around just one component. The monitor. That's where all the magic happens, or doesn't. Regardless of what's actually going on under the hood.

I own a gtx970. I have yet to play any game that doesn't get 60fps or better at ultra/very high settings. But thats on my older 1080p/60Hz monitors. There's no real need for anything stronger at 1080p/60Hz than a gtx1060, gtx1660, Rx580 realistically, so shortchanging the build to stay in budget just to get a better gpu is pointless. For gaming. If using NVENC for streaming/editing, sure a 2070 would be better, even a 1070 is considerably stronger in that department.

So it's more important to match up the needs of the build than just a gpu that's...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!
  • I would consider swapping the 250 M.2 for either a cheaper SATA SSD or the Intel 660p instead.
  • Generally the TT Smart Series are awful, but the RGB version isn't that bad, although I would say there are much better options IMO.
  • Just remember to buy your 2x8GB RAM from one pack, not 2.
  • You can always use the stock Intel cooler if your ambient temps are not extreme.

Everything is compatible however.

Reactions: TheXG

TheXG

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
also there is no big price difference in store where am going to buy this components between 250GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA and Kingston A400 480GB
if u give me some recommendation that would be great.

TheXG

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!
  • I would consider swapping the 250 M.2 for either a cheaper SATA SSD or the Intel 660p instead.
  • Generally the TT Smart Series are awful, but the RGB version isn't that bad, although I would say there are much better options IMO.
  • Just remember to buy your 2x8GB RAM from one pack, not 2.
  • You can always use the stock Intel cooler if your ambient temps are not extreme.
Everything is compatible however.
thanks for the reply!
would Kingston A400 480GB be a good option?
also other option i can go with is Thermaltake Hamburg Pro RGB 550W 80 Plus Bronze will this be better?
yeah 2x8 was what i had in mind :tearsofjoy:
i'm going with that cooler because i want to get highest clock speed that cpu can support which is 4.1 turbo
so i thought it would need better cooler

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 660p tends to slow as it fills, the Samsung will be obsolete long before it thinks of being unreliable. The Kingston A400 isn't bad, it'll kinda depend on your level of trust and performance needs. It's hard to beat Samsung, most don't come all that close.

The TT smart are office psus, not gaming psus, and really don't handle heavy gpu stress well at all.

Buy your ram in 1 kit, not 2x seperate kits or you run the risk of incompatible ram.

There's nothing incompatible with the build, as such, but there are some better choices is really all.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
also there is no big price difference in store where am going to buy this components between 250GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA and Kingston A400 480GB
if u give me some recommendation that would be great.
The A400 is cheaper because it is worse! I'd stick to the samsung or as mentioned above, the Intel 660p.

also other option i can go with is Thermaltake Hamburg Pro RGB 550W 80 Plus Bronze will this be better?
Probably about the same - As I said, if it was a standard TT Smart, I'd avoid it at all costs, the Smart RGB are better, just still not a PSU I would choose based. But I also have a thing against RGB in PSUs admittedly! regardless there are certainly better PSUs, just depends on your budget, as long as you don't go poor quality.

i'm going with that cooler because i want to get highest clock speed that cpu can support which is 4.1 turbo
Well stock should be fine if you don't have extreme ambient temps, but i also recognise the stock coolers aren't great on Intel.

I'd also consider a different GPU as you can get better and newer for not much difference:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($144.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Pro Red 53 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($165.90 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Patriot Viper Elite 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($95.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($217.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa N27 ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: Lenovo ThinkVision T24i-19 23.8" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor ($232.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $1062.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 12:41 EDT-0400

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Always consider the price/performance of moving up a cpu tier when considering a 3rd party cooler. The performance of 9400f + 3rd party cooler < 9600k + stock cooler and costs not much more if you have a you are not on an exact budget.

TheXG

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
i've read all replies and i made new build
i cant get some of the parts because it not available in store where i'm buying components and amazon or other online store doesn't ship in my country.
MOTHERBOARD- Asus TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
CPU- Intel Core i5-9400F
CPU COOLING- Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Pro Red
GPU- Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB GDDR5
MEMORY- Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz
STORAGE- 250GB Samsung 860 EVO & Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
POWER SUPPLY- Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W (all PSU's that are available are only thermaltake and KMEX and looks of it, its really low quality)
CASE- Thermaltake Versa N27
MONITOR - Lenovo ThinkVision T24i-10 23.8''
so what u think @PC Tailor

Last edited:

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
I think you should get a gigabyte gtx 1660ti oc and gigabyte z390 aorus ultra instead of your gpu and mobo. Not that the parts you chose are bad, but you could get a upgrade by maybe spending a little bit more.

TheXG

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
I think you should get a gigabyte gtx 1660ti oc and gigabyte z390 aorus ultra instead of your gpu and mobo. Not that the parts you chose are bad, but you could get a upgrade by maybe spending a little bit more.
that is really good mobo cuz i really need bluetooth and wifi but its not available in the store and i cant get it from amazon they dont ship in my county. same with gpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What I think is that the entire build revolves around just one component. The monitor. That's where all the magic happens, or doesn't. Regardless of what's actually going on under the hood.

I own a gtx970. I have yet to play any game that doesn't get 60fps or better at ultra/very high settings. But thats on my older 1080p/60Hz monitors. There's no real need for anything stronger at 1080p/60Hz than a gtx1060, gtx1660, Rx580 realistically, so shortchanging the build to stay in budget just to get a better gpu is pointless. For gaming. If using NVENC for streaming/editing, sure a 2070 would be better, even a 1070 is considerably stronger in that department.

So it's more important to match up the needs of the build than just a gpu that's not going to have any benefit.

I have both BT and wifi on my board. Haven't used either in years. A $10 BT dongle gets better speeds up/downstream, as does my $30 pcie wifi card. They were the first things to become obsolete, took less than a year. Personally I'd be happier with a motherboard that didn't have them, and used that space for extra stuff that can be used, like pcie x1/x4 slots, better audio, more usb3 headers etc.

Dont get stuck on brands or gimmicks. Choose the parts that will do the job you need, and if they can't, is there something that will.

Solution