gymscat

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
I'm trying to set up a home network using all Linksys "G" products. I have two desktops both running Win XP Pro and one notebook running Win 2000. I installed the router (WRT54G) and it seemed to go fine, at least according to the instuctions. My internet connection is fine.
Next I installed my pci adapter (WMP54G) on my other desktop machine. After going through the setup it could not see any available wireless connections.
I have tried everything I can think of including disabling all security features, firewalls, etc. but it still can't find a network.
So I decided that in case it was a structural issue with my house I would install the pc card ( WPC54G) in my notebook and place it in close proximity to the router to see if at least that would work but I'm having the same problem as with the desktop!
I have verified that File and Print Sharing is enabled on all machines as well.
I would really appreciate any info before I string cable all over my house! Thanks for any advice.
Gary

riser

Illustrious
If you have WEP turned on you'll need to manually enter your WEP key into your wireless PCI card.
Double check your settings on your PCI card and router.
I would assume it has something to do with your settings on your router conflicting with the wireless PCI card.

You can also disable Wireless Zero Configuration on your computer under control panel, admin tools - services.

But double check to make sure WEP is turned off for troubleshooting purposes and that you don't have any keys assigned. If you create keys (up to 4 with your router I believe) you'll need to manually enter them into your PCI card in the correct order to gain a connection.

Riser