[SOLVED] I'm starting to suspect that my PC has been cursed by a crazy witch 5 years ago

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Hey guys, i do start to think this is paranormal?

First to put you on update ...i bought my PC all mounted in 2016

if i'm not bad these were the components of the old PC

• cheap psu white iceberg 450w
  • Core i5 6600k
  • Basic asrock board (don't remember)
  • Chasis Iceberg Crystal G5
  • i don't remember the ram but it was one of the cheaps of 8gb
  • gtx 950 Zotac.
Psu died, mobo died too, changed mobo 2 times (same mobo model)

then i changed to GTX 1070 a year ago (got it from crypto miner, best deal ever (no sarcasm)) still using this graphics

i upgraded to 9 gen Mobo and i5 9600k because my old i5 passed out

So here's the ISSUE, my pc has been having the same problem over and over again...

I turn on the pc, it shows the rgb lights, etc, but no screen.... i take the graphics card off and try with cpu graphics... No screen either...
i take the RAM off and on and No screen.... i take the mobo battery off wait 15 mins and no screen mouse and keyboard seems to be working (sometimes)

Sometimes it has the issue that when i power off it restarts by itself .... other times it doesn't (so that makes me very confused because i don't exactly know if it's cpu problem or Ram?)

It sometimes boots, when i just shake the Chasis, press the components a bit, and take off and on the RAMS or Graphics card and let it rest like 30 mins

However i changed the MOBO because a technician told me to change the mobo (Here where i live in Colombia technicians only know about old office PCs)

maybe the mobo was kinda broken... so i changed it and it runned, all good, but the other day, again the same issue, it seems to start but it doesn't show screen video

So i changed the CPU because i found a technician specialized in gamer pcs, but he don't seems to be a guru, however he might have been the most helpful...

he told me that the old cpu was dead and couldn't be recovered

But once changed the CPU it stills have the same issue, turning on, no screen sometimes it recognizes the keyboard and mouse, sometimes no, etc (me struggling with lot of work)

Then i though of the RAM, i changed the RAM, upgraded to 16Gb (8gb x 2)

STILL HAPPENS the same issue....

the only elder warrior of the pc that has survived all along was the Graphics cards, and the Chasis (suspicious chasis)

The technician told me the graphics card is working fine the processor and ram too, when he tests in his workstation problem don't usually happens, it happens a bit, but not for long like happens with me... still the issue is hapenning...

So yees... i forgot to say i didn't had an UPS stabilizer on my old pc xd, i bought this when i changed the mobo, cpu and rams, so it might something to do with voltage? since there are no constantly but there has been light shutdowns like 3 months, or if they are working on the cables light shutdown may happen like 4 times in a day, so that's why i bought the stabilizer so it can't be voltage issues right?

i've changed all... and this problems is still cracking me down, i'm about to give up this is going me crazy, i have fear of cleaning pc because i know every time i touch it a bit, the issue starts, the less i touch it, no issues happens, i still clean it like 1 or 2 months, i wish i could do it more often, but this issue appears whenever i touch this PC components...

So this are the things that haven't been changed

i forgot to said, psu have been changed too for a corsair cv650, i tried with a seasonic but it came not working...

Graphics Card and Chasis (The chases could see some suspicious to me, because it has power cables, usb, audio etc that connects to the mobo, maybe the chasis cables are bad?)

So this is my actual PC components

• I5 9600k (fan cooler master hyper 212 very stretched by the chasis case)
  • Gigabyte b350m Wifi
  • Ram Oloy x2 8gb (16gb)
  • Strix Gtx 1070
  • Corsair CV 650w silver or gold (don't remember)
The keyboard has 9 years old (just for the record)

i think this pc is damned...
i'm about to upgrade to i9 10gen , more Ram and upgrade mobo to 10 gen and change Chasis too.. im gonna pass from micro to atx i find it very complicated to look at components with a big fan on cpu and long graphics card on micro atx (that's the reason)

i forgor to say i live near to the beach, dust and salt is a problem for my pc, graphics card and chasis that are the oldest, gets a little rusted, so i need to clean this pc several times but as i told you i have fear to clean it because of this issue
also for the record, monitor and hdmi cable are working fine! i tested all that

But honestly i have fear of updating this damned PC, i have 90% faith this issue will still happens if i upgrade the components i said!

how can you guys help me on a diagnosis of this cursed thing? any info you need let me know will be very Thankful!

Last edited:
Solution
(fan cooler master hyper 212 very stretched by the chasis case)

Doe's this mean the case side is pushing down on the cooler and motherboard when the side panel is on?

(but still having the issue sometimes whenever the pc get componets gets touched or shaked a little bit )

This is usually caused by a loose connection , broken traces on the motherboard, or a wire shorting,
Or too much pressure on the cpu socket.
Hey guys, i do start to think this is paranormal?

First to put you on update ...i bought my PC all mounted in 2016

if i'm not bad these were the components of the old PC

• cheap psu white iceberg 450w
  • Core i5 6600k
  • Basic asrock board (don't remember)
  • Chasis Iceberg Crystal G5
  • i don't remember the ram but it was one of the cheaps of 8gb
  • gtx 950 Zotac.
Psu died, mobo died too, changed mobo 2 times (same mobo model)
"cheap psu white iceberg 450w "

DSzymborski

Titan
In what order did the things previously die? What things have died that were never connected to the old PSU? Because from what it sounds like -- your narrative is all over the place -- the curse on your PC was cast by you, the spell in the form of a garbage, junk PSU.

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
In what order did the things previously die? What things have died that were never connected to the old PSU? Because from what it sounds like -- your narrative is all over the place -- the curse on your PC was cast by you, the spell in the form of a garbage, junk PSU.

From the old components the first one was the mobo, had to change it twice from same model, then the graphics card
ultimately the processor i5 6500

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
As you may have noted, I'm trying to get at which point you replaced the junk PSU with an entry-level PSU.
I change the PSU once i changed the CPU, Mobo and RAM, so they haven't had contact with old PSU
The only thing that had a contact with old psu that stills on my components are the Graphics card and the Chasis cables

They do had contact with the first replacement that was a SeaSonic focus 750w gold but when i turned on the pc the fan started to run, then stopped and didn't turned on anymore it died... I replaced it for a Corsair CV 650 bronze and it seems to work fine, but still having the issue sometimes whenever the pc get componets gets touched or shaked a little bit

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
I'm looking, but I'm not seeing any mention of what OS, and if you did a fresh OS install along the way with all this parts changing.
Yes, i've changed from hdd to ssd, when replaced to new components, new OS install and a few blender and adobe backup files

Is it possible it could be an os or bios virus doing this?

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry if this isn’t very useful, ive read the title and the word paranormal and now i suddenly have this weird feeling that my 2060 is about to go up in flames any moment now hahah. Then the neighbors dog is now suddenly howling.

now, I don’t usually have this sort of anxiety so i just did a very quick unfocused read through this thread.

From what i gather, i suspect that your old psu may have caused a seminal event where the psu may have broke one or two parts and those broken parts that you have reused might have broke the new working parts in your pc. In this case the gpu might have been damaged previously and now has done some damage to the new parts.

Although this is very unlikely to happen.

have you also double checked that every connection is secure? If you shake the system to make it work something might just be loose. I once failed to push in the 24 pin atx power connectors fully and get random shutdowns from time to time.

Doe's this mean the case side is pushing down on the cooler and motherboard when the side panel is on?

(but still having the issue sometimes whenever the pc get componets gets touched or shaked a little bit )

This is usually caused by a loose connection , broken traces on the motherboard, or a wire shorting,

Solution

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020

Thank you for your suggestions, maybe chasis cables could have something to do with it? There are some blended pins in some cables of the chasis fans the rgb of the fans aren't working anymore, or maybe the graphics card? it was plugged since the old psu

Last edited:

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Im sorry if this isn’t very useful, ive read the title and the word paranormal and now i suddenly have this weird feeling that my 2060 is about to go up in flames any moment now hahah. Then the neighbors dog is now suddenly howling.

now, I don’t usually have this sort of anxiety so i just did a very quick unfocused read through this thread.

From what i gather, i suspect that your old psu may have caused a seminal event where the psu may have broke one or two parts and those broken parts that you have reused might have broke the new working parts in your pc. In this case the gpu might have been damaged previously and now has done some damage to the new parts.

Although this is very unlikely to happen.

have you also double checked that every connection is secure? If you shake the system to make it work something might just be loose. I once failed to push in the 24 pin atx power connectors fully and get random shutdowns from time to time.
Is there a way to make a clear diagnosis to know which component is damaging others?

DSzymborski

Titan
Honestly, at this point I'd take the PC completely apart. Evaluate each part for damage and/or rust. Having a PC in what sounds like a tropical environment requires robust upkeep and from what you say, it sounds like you just throw parts into the PC and run them until something bad happens.

Then, I'd assemble the PC simply on a box, a basic breadboard test bench and see if you can get it to POST with just the CPU, cooler, and one stick of RAM. There's just a lot going on here, a flurry of component replacement and what appear to be poorly trained technicians doing who knows what, and it's hard to tell without actually being at your PC.

I'd try first with the SeaSonic, if you still have it. It's a better PSU than the Corsair.

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Honestly, at this point I'd take the PC completely apart. Evaluate each part for damage and/or rust. Having a PC in what sounds like a tropical environment requires robust upkeep and from what you say, it sounds like you just throw parts into the PC and run them until something bad happens.

Then, I'd assemble the PC simply on a box, a basic breadboard test bench and see if you can get it to POST with just the CPU, cooler, and one stick of RAM. There's just a lot going on here, a flurry of component replacement and what appear to be poorly trained technicians doing who knows what, and it's hard to tell without actually being at your PC.

I'd try first with the SeaSonic, if you still have it. It's a better PSU than the Corsair.
How can i test this separately? i have to do it by my own because there are really no aknowloedge technicians and they just get me to buy and buy replacements that won't solve the problem...

The Seasonic at first worked, it comes with a jumper to test if the psu works, but once i installed on my mobo, itstarted and for 0,1 seg just shutted all down, the psu died, and stills dead. :/

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Have you first checked all the connections in the pc if they are all secure? Every single cable and component? All the connectors and the ram snap on when inserted, the cpu seated properly, the gpu inserted into the slot fully, etc.

in order to test all the components individually you would need an extra cpu and some ram to test the motherboard, an extra motherboard to test the old cpu and ram, then the gpu. an extra psu for added measure.

if it is in fact the case that one component is damaging another, unless you have a lot of extra motherboards, cpus, ram, psus, gpus, and other sacrificial components for testing its best to just get rid of everything and buy a new system.

i hate to be pessimistic but sometimes it is just best to start from scratch and cut your losses.

Reactions: pacmaniack

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Have you first checked all the connections in the pc if they are all secure? Every single cable and component? All the connectors and the ram snap on when inserted, the cpu seated properly, the gpu inserted into the slot fully, etc.

in order to test all the components individually you would need an extra cpu and some ram to test the motherboard, an extra motherboard to test the old cpu and ram, then the gpu. an extra psu for added measure.

if it is in fact the case that one component is damaging another, unless you have a lot of extra motherboards, cpus, ram, psus, gpus, and other sacrificial components for testing its best to just get rid of everything and buy a new system.

i hate to be pessimistic but sometimes it is just best to start from scratch and cut your losses.
Does a damaged unit can stand alive during a long use of 1 year? all components seems to work on good performance when testing from 1 year of use, is it possible a damaged component can survive that long?