I'm stumped and need a little help.

Nevinskii

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Okay thanks for opening this I am new to the community wasn't sure of any good tech forums out there and I always stumble upon Tom's so I figured hey why not sign up. So here's the issue(s) I am having. A friend of mine has a windows 8 PC he was having some issues with it so he popped in his windows disk to restore it hoping it would repair anything that may be corrupted. Well, after he put this disk in and his computer started to power up it went through Automatic System repair. it then stated that the repair had failed and this popped up.
b9hIeu4.jpg

After that screen popped up I went into advance options I tried system reset and nothing I then tried the system restore and it also failed. When it asked for media I put in the windows 8 and it then told me the media was invalid. So I went and put in my Parted Magic disk to just completely wipe the drive and start fresh before attempting this I ran a memtest and all checked out fine. After that I tried entering parted magic and it seems to fail. It says Bad Kernel attempting to kill. I just have no idea what is going on I have honestly never had this issue before and it's kind of upsetting. So if someone could possibly help me out that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance!

Nevinskii

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Update: I started PC and when booting up I hit [Del] which in turn allowed me to change the boot sequence so I am now trying to get a windows reinstall that way but I am still more than confused as to what happen or maybe an easier way to fix this if I encounter this problem next time so answers would still be great "if you've had this issue or seen this issue before."