Sep 20, 2012
SPECS

AMD 6100
XFX 7770 Black Edition
8GB Corsair Vengeance
650W GX Coolermaster
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AMD 970
500GB Caviar Green

Alright, I built my computer in late October last year. It ran fine for about a month until the monitor started to turn black. This happens quite regularly when I fullscreen a YouTube video and I have had it once when watching a movie fullscreen on VLC media player. Normally, I just reset it and it boots back up fine and continues on its way.

Yesterday, I was playing a game of Torchlight 2 and paused the game to go away for about an hour. Upon return, everything was frozen. I couldn't move the mouse, I couldn't ctrl alt delete etc. So I decided to reset it again. This time, the computer doesn't seem to boot up, I get no beep, no post. The fans all spin up, the disc in my DVD drive spins and I hear the normal chatter from my HDD when it's booting. But I have no video.

I breadboarded the system with my motherboard, cpu, heatsink and psu. Still no beeps. I added a stick of RAM, still no beeps.

I've reset the CMOS countless times.

I've never overclocked anything.

Could it be that I have a faulty power supply?

Thanks for any help. I'm at a loss.

JMG2012

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Took everything apart, re-assembled absolutely everything. Still the same. Everything spins up but I'm getting no video and no beep. :(

Thranton

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
It's either your Motherboard or Graphics card. I'd talk to the same friend and try to borrow his Graphics card and see if that works. If not try his motherboard with your GPU... If not, then try his Motherboard + GPU.

P.S I'm in no way good with computers just looking at all angles on what could bve wrong :)

JMG2012

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I'm starting to think that it is more than likely my motherboard. I plugged in my old graphics card just to be sure and it's still the same. The boards still in warranty so there's no harm in sending it off and getting a replacement. Hopefully all will be well and the replacement will work.

Not able to send it off until next Tuesday, however. Which is a downer. I can't take playing on a lower spec computer any longer. The lack of fps is killing me. ;(

TRENDING THREADS