Question Im stupid

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 16, 2019
excurse my "u" "j" spelling mistakes I got water on my keyboard. Anyways i jfurst recently installed a EVO 860 SSD and i intilized it and everything and so i click and dragged my 86x program files and it took like 4 hours to download. Anyways that inclurded a lot of my sturff and now I have to redownload all my steam games and shortcurts. Jurst wondering if this is normal or I really screwed urp bc i feel like I screwed urp. Also now I cant even download windows on my SSD bc all my programs take too murch space smh im so sturpid

Mar 16, 2019
Given the state of your system as it seems to be...that's what I would do.
If a family member brought their system to me in this condition, no question. Full wipe and reinstall.
How do I uninstall windows then bring it to my SSD or should I just worry abourt that later after I wipe everything?

USAFRet

Titan
You don't "uninstall" it.

You connect the SSD, and only the SSD.
You boot up from your Win 10 USB or DVD, and start the install process.
When it asks 'where', select Custom.
You'll be presented with a list of all partitions on that drive.
DELETE each one, leaving one blank space.
Proceed on with the install.

It is outlined in this tutorial. Read it through a few times. Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all the partitions on that drive.

For any future computer work, make sure you do a bit of research on how to do what you want to do first. Taking 5 minutes to do a web search on "how do I install a new hard drive" or "how do I move windows to a new hard drive" would have saved you a lot of work.

There are cloning utilities made to copy the full contents of one drive to another when swapping disks.

Mar 16, 2019
You don't "uninstall" it.

You connect the SSD, and only the SSD.
You boot up from your Win 10 USB or DVD, and start the install process.
When it asks 'where', select Custom.
You'll be presented with a list of all partitions on that drive.
DELETE each one, leaving one blank space.
Proceed on with the install.

It is outlined in this tutorial. Read it through a few times. Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all the partitions on that drive.
I dont have a windows 10 USB or Disk I bought my computer prebuilt. Also what happens to all my paid for programs when I have to wipe my computer clean?

USAFRet

Titan
I dont have a windows 10 USB or Disk I bought my computer prebuilt. Also what happens to all my paid for programs when I have to wipe my computer clean?
You create your own Win 10 USB, direct from Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Your existing applications that you paid for?
Do you still have the original install file? The license key, if any?

Consider this as if your hard drive had died completely. You'd be doing all this same stuff.