Already have Teamforce ddr4 32gb
Already have Samsung 970 plus 1tb
Already have 2 Toshiba 10 tb hard drives
Already have seagate 12 tb
AMD Radeon 6900XT
Already have ID-Cooling water cooler

What do you guys think?

Solution
No you don’t, because I couldn’t have guessed that it would be bent CPU pins specifically, I just presumed that he’d damaged the motherboard somehow, which turned out to be correct.

So you guessed that he damaged the board, when that was exactly what people were working through before you arrived. Again my comment of "not what we would normally point to" specifically was meant toward the mention of his pins being bent.

Again if you feel the need to say that you were right because your generalized guess turned out vaguely correct, be my guest.
What do you guys think?
don't think i'd bother with the RX 6900 XT yet.
the RTX 2080 Ti should be close enough in performance to hold out until either current prices drop and\or a next gen releases.
may also need a more powerful PSU for the 6900 XT depending on the model.

and with those Ryzen chips it's usually recommended for faster memory.
you may be able to get 3600MHz out of yours?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
the RTX 2080 Ti should be close enough in performance to hold out until either current prices drop and\or a next gen releases.

you may be able to get 3600MHz out o

you may be able to get 3600MHz out of yours?

I can't get the the z590 chipset to work at all so i gave up

Thank you captain oblivious. What i mean is the I bought an i9-11900K processor for asus z590 strix-e motherboard and it ouldn't boot for me
maybe try adding some context next time.

you know i tried a chipset once and it didn't work.
you all have crystal balls that offer background information and context related to this statement that make it relevant, don't you?
now if i had actually described that it has nothing to do with my question, it may've made more sense.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thank you captain oblivious. What i mean is the I bought an i9-11900K processor for asus z590 strix-e motherboard and it ouldn't boot for me

And how is he supposed to know that you have this i9-11900K to install? We have people who show up on this forum trying exactly this thing (sticking the wrong processor in a board and it "not working").

This is your warning, respond to people in the forum who are trying to help you with respect or you will be posting elsewhere.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
And how is he supposed to know that you have this i9-11900K to install? We have people who show up on this forum trying exactly this thing (sticking the wrong processor in a board and it "not working").

This is your warning, respond to people in the forum who are trying to help you with respect or you will be posting elsewhere.

Don't you think i would enough common sense to make sure that the socket is compatible with the chipset

Don't you think i would "have" enough common sense to make sure that the socket is compatible with the chipset
actually considering that you've come here asking for advice and help with your new proposed build and aren't confident or knowledgeable enough to know if you've set it up properly or chosen the correct components;

my first impression would be that you were rather new to the computer hardware scene and could very easily make mistakes like many others in that situation.

I'm looking into getting
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard
Already have Teamforce ddr4 32gb
Already have Samsung 970 plus 1tb
Already have 2 Toshiba 10 tb hard drives
Already have seagate 12 tb
AMD Radeon 6900XT
Already have ID-Cooling water cooler

What do you guys think?

Nothing wrong with the system in your signature that I can see that would be worth spending extra money on swapping it out.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
But anyway I have a strange situation here maybe you can help me with it. The first board i bought was asus z590 strix-e motherbaord with i9-11900k and it would do nothing. I took it to the computer store in my area and they said that one of memory sticks so i went to buy more memory . It was working at one point and then it just stopped. So i thought the board was bad so i sent it back for a replacement and it still didn't work. I checked the cables and i checked the memory compatibility and the cpu compatibility and it was listed what i had as compatible. So i decided to try a new board with Gigabyte z590 Aorus Master. I put the i9 in first it still didn't work. I put the i7-11700f in and it worked. I updated the bios to the latest version. I put i9 back in and still didn't work. it was going thru a series of codes and then everytime it gets to c1 it turns off and turns back on repeating. I don't have any more memory to test but i don't see how memory went bad that fast. The only thing that is left is the power supply. The power supply was tested and it was fine. Not sure what else to do

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
if the 11700F works fine but the 11900K would not with the same components,
it would lead me to believe that the i9 was faulty.

did the shop test the 11900K and verify it worked?
or do you know someone with a known working compatible LGA 1200 board you could try it in?

i made a mistake again sorry but i put the i7 back in and it doesn't work now . The board does the same thing repeating the same pattern it gets to c1 code which is a memory error and turns off and turns back on

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
i made a mistake again sorry but i put the i7 back in and it doesn't work now . The board does the same thing repeating the same pattern it gets to c1 code which is a memory error and turns off and turns back on

When I had the i9 in at one point it did come up with video but it was updating something in windows and then after never saw video again. My dad decided to purchase a i7-11700k to see if it works or not

did the shop test the 11900K and verify it worked?
or do you know someone with a known working compatible LGA 1200 system you could try it in?
would be some very bad luck to get two bad boards in a row and two bad sets of RAM in a row.

i wonder what was done to "test" this power supply?
just plugging it in and verifying that it powers on a system doesn't really tell you much.
there's a chance that it could still be the culprit and is damaging components.

what out of all the components mentioned(motherboards, RAM sets, CPUs) do you still have on hand?

i know it can be disheartening going through this crap. getting hopes up for a new system just to get dashed a few times.
I'm about to return it all...
i would probably do the same.

but i think i would go for a whole new setup based on the Z590 + maybe a i7-10900K.
the 10 core 10th gen seems to be a better deal than the 8 core 11th gen from most comments i've read.
at least going with an entire new setup would guarantee that any culprit from the previous issues would be eliminated.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
i know it can be disheartening going through this crap. getting hopes up for a new system just to get dashed a few times.
i would probably do the same.

but i think i would go for a whole new setup based on the Z590 + maybe a i7-10900K.
the 10 core 10th gen seems to be a better deal than the 8 core 11th gen from most comments i've read.
at least going with an entire new setup would guarantee that any culprit from the previous issues would be eliminated.

I just don't understand why this doesn't work it's like you change the whole system goes haywire. You are using a z590 chipset did you encounter any problems or is there something i am missing?

You are using a z590 chipset did you encounter any problems or is there something i am missing?
no problems whatsoever. and Z390 before it was also flawless.
It's making go to amd side instead of intel
if it was a power supply frying components it wouldn't have mattered which direction you'd have gone.
what out of all the components mentioned(motherboards, RAM sets, CPUs) do you still have on hand?
if any, i would definitely still be troubleshooting to find out exactly what has caused the issue(s).

if there's just been constant or random issues with not powering on
it could very well be a bad case front panel.
when you could get no response had you tried shorting the front panel power switch connector on the motherboard? or does your motherboard have an on-board power button?

Mrillegal_

Commendable
May 6, 2020
If i were in ur shoes i would never go for rx 6900xt cause i had rx 5700xt but the driver sucks i almost experienced every kind of ingame crashes .
I would buy a rtx 3080 or 3070

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
no problems whatsoever. and Z390 before it was also flawless.
if it was a power supply frying components it wouldn't have mattered which direction you'd have gone.
if any, i would definitely still be troubleshooting to find out exactly what has caused the issue(s).

if there's just been constant or random issues with not powering on
it could very well be a bad case front panel.
when you could get no response had you tried shorting the front panel power switch connector on the motherboard? or does your motherboard have an on-board power button?

What do you mean shorting the front panel power switch connector\. Yes it does have power switch on the motherboard itself