I'm too nice - please help me pick a new laptop

Shane1988

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm sick of being fed complete lies by so-called experts who capitalise on my lack of knowledge and sell me a complete heap of you know what. This has happened two times in the past, when I've trusted the opinion of a company worker to sell me a good product. Maybe ater the first time I should've wised up, but what can I say, I'm a trusting guy. I can't let it happen again, though.

So, I like my current laptop - the one I've tried to replace on two occasions because although I like it, I do need an upgrade. But I NEED to know that I'm definitely getting an upgrade and this is where you guys could come in handy.

Here's the stats:

Intel (r) Core (TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40 Ghz 2.40 ghz
4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
64 bit operating system
The graphics card is: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family.

Now I'll tell you what I need it for. I work from home, and use the laptop every single day, but it's not Word documents and stuff. I work on the internet so I need a fast system which guarantees I can operate seven or eight tabs simultaneously. One of these tabs is Twitter, and others could be web pages in which I need to watch videos. This requires a good graphics card I guess?

Of course, I'd like to use it in my down time too, so I'll also need to run stuff like Netflix and whatnot. In terms of screen size, maybe 15 inch, like I have now.

My question is: what should I be looking for in the specs of a possible replacement laptop? I just don't know, but you guys won't gain financially from my naivety so I trust your opinions.

I know this is a long post but I'm just so fed up. Thanks.

Solution
Here is a 17" beast ASUS ROG series.(If you are talking about $1000 USD)
ASUS ROG GL752VW

Another 15" beast DELL Inspiron series.
DELL INSPIRON 15 i7559

ASUS comes with bigger screen more RAM and Faster HDD.
DELL comes with better Graphics Card and UHD Touchscreen.
Quality wise DELL is better, but that doesn't mean ASUS is bad. Both are good only DELL is better.

If you are not into that much of gaming and are okay with FullHD non-touchscreen go with ASUS.
If you want few extra fps in games and like to high quality screen for watching 4K video content go for DELL.
Here is a 17" beast ASUS ROG series.(If you are talking about $1000 USD)
ASUS ROG GL752VW

Another 15" beast DELL Inspiron series.
DELL INSPIRON 15 i7559

ASUS comes with bigger screen more RAM and Faster HDD.
DELL comes with better Graphics Card and UHD Touchscreen.
Quality wise DELL is better, but that doesn't mean ASUS is bad. Both are good only DELL is better.

If you are not into that much of gaming and are okay with FullHD non-touchscreen go with ASUS.
If you want few extra fps in games and like to high quality screen for watching 4K video content go for DELL.

Solution