Question I'm trying to build myself a pc and I need help

pivodrums

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
do yourself a favour and buy a 144Hz monitor for gaming, will be a huge difference.
Build otherwise looks ok.
I would personally take nVidia over AMD gpu but 56 is still fine.

I would spend more on the monitor, you are buying a pretty high end card, what is the point if you will have a lower resolution cheap monitor?

Dell S2719DGF may be good for you, 1440 resolution and can get to over 144hz refresh rate.

If you want to really limit the budget on the monitor to a 1080 screen or 1440 with low refresh rate, then you may as well save another 200 and get a slower video card.

You should also get a 500gb or larger SSD, silly to have a good CPU and video card then be forced to run programs off a slow drive, when the cost difference is very little.

Apr 19, 2019
I would spend more on the monitor, you are buying a pretty high end card, what is the point if you will have a lower resolution cheap monitor?

Dell S2719DGF may be good for you, 1440 resolution and can get to over 144hz refresh rate.

If you want to really limit the budget on the monitor to a 1080 screen or 1440 with low refresh rate, then you may as well save another 200 and get a slower video card.

You should also get a 500gb or larger SSD, silly to have a good CPU and video card then be forced to run programs off a slow drive, when the cost difference is very little.
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/imMAXAM/saved/JGNGcf
Is this fine???? I might need to pick another case.
(I don't think I can fit something bigger than 24")

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
aoc agon 271qx is a great monitor if you can get it in your budget i would highly recommend it! Your card is perfect for 1440p dont hold your gpu back :p

Doest make much sense to pay 40 bucks for .2 ghz. more. Both of them overclock to the same range and there is not much performance difference between the two. Instead, get a good board to overclock.
Modified for better...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€159.52 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (€135.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€84.63 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€66.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive (€113.89 @ Alternate Italia)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card (€427.99 @ Alternate Italia)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case (€49.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€59.33 @ Amazon Italia)
Monitor: Asus - MG248QR 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor (€222.64 @ Amazon Italia)
Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset (€87.47 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1408.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-20 05:40 CEST+0200

Apr 19, 2019
aoc agon 271qx is a great monitor if you can get it in your budget i would highly recommend it! Your card is perfect for 1440p dont hold your gpu back :p
Actually sometimes too good graphics make me sick dunno why but I didn't try 1440p yet

Edit: and a 27" won't fit on my desk

Last edited:

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
haha well there is a solution theres also a 24 inch version of this monitor too :p AOC Agon 241QX from the reviews its just as good and for the price/ performance standpoint you cant do much better.

I own the 27 inch version and i love it couldnt ask for much better especially the competitive price and low input lag and response time

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
I also recommend getting a 750W PSU. I have essentially the same build and I started out with a 650W PSU but it ended up browning out because the Vega is a power hog. The build is a beast and you definitelywont be disapointed but I upped the PSU to 850W. You might be able to get away with 650W (750W would be more than enough) if you're lucky but in my build (which is nearly identical) 650W didn't cut it.

Apr 19, 2019
I also recommend getting a 750W PSU. I have essentially the same build and I started out with a 650W PSU but it ended up browning out because the Vega is a power hog. The build is a beast and you definitelywont be disapointed but I upped the PSU to 850W. You might be able to get away with 650W (750W would be more than enough) if you're lucky but in my build (which is nearly identical) 650W didn't cut it.

This is my final build : https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/imMAXAM/saved/46dCLk
I'll think about a better psu. The website says it will manage it (405W required to run everything so I'll have about 120W free considering the fans and stuff)

Edit: it might be that yours didn't manage it because of watercooling and aditional fans?(if you have it that is, also I've heard that PSUs sometimes are faulty and underperform)

Last edited:

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
This is my final build : https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/imMAXAM/saved/46dCLk
I'll think about a better psu. The website says it will manage it (405W required to run everything so I'll have about 120W free considering the fans and stuff)

Edit: it might be that yours didn't manage it because of watercooling and aditional fans?(if you have it that is, also I've heard that PSUs sometimes are faulty and underperform)
Mine estimated the same power draw (+/- 15W) and it stilled browned out. Like I said, it might have just been a bad PSU on my end (it was an EVGA gold 650W, so they are pretty reliable). Its just something to keep in mind, I dont have any water-cooling and I have 2 140mm fans up front, 120mm fan rear exhaust, and 140mm top exhaust, plus my CPU cooler (Cryorig H5 Ultimate). So nothing out of the ordinary for my fans. If you go with a 650W, you also wont have much wiggle room if you want to upgrade. Just something to keep in mind and save you from having to replace the PSU like me. Whatever you do, dont get anything lower than 650W, I can almost guarantee you will have power issues. PC Part picker is good for a benchmark Wattage to give you an idea, but once you get under -load, it can draw quite a bit more. Vega 64s are really bad for that.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019
Mine estimated the same power draw (+/- 15W) and it stilled browned out. Like I said, it might have just been a bad PSU on my end (it was an EVGA gold 650W, so they are pretty reliable). Its just something to keep in mind, I dont have any water-cooling and I have 2 140mm fans up front, 120mm fan rear exhaust, and 140mm top exhaust, plus my CPU cooler (Cryorig H5 Ultimate). So nothing out of the ordinary for my fans. If you go with a 650W, you also wont have much wiggle room if you want to upgrade. Just something to keep in mind and save you from having to replace the PSU like me. Whatever you do, dont get anything lower than 650W, I can almost guarantee you will have power issues. PC Part picker is good for a benchmark Wattage to give you an idea, but once you get under -load, it can draw quite a bit more. Vega 64s are really bad for that.
https://outervision.com/b/77Jk8L

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
Again, yea you're right but that is only if your core clocks are 1247 (which is low for a Vega 64, that would be like State 3 frequencies for me). Mine clocks up too 1657MHz under intense gaming loads and stress tests between State 6 and 7. There is no 100% accurate way to figure out how much power a build is going to use under full load until you put it under full load. Those websites give you estimates. Feel free to drop that 550W PSU man, I'm just giving you advice from personal experience and working with a few different Vega builds. You asked for advice, and as someone who has lots of experience with Vega cards, I gave you the best advice I had. If you think that estimated voltage is going to be good, then its at your discretion at the end of the day but I think it is a bad idea.