I'm trying to choose a mechanical keyboard.

emilsmazais

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
I'm kind of torn between three keyboards because they're all mechanical and cost about the same (in Latvia).
Has anyone had any experience with a SteelSeries 6Gv2, a Roccat Ryos MK and a Zowie Celeritas? The Zowie keyboard has MX Browns but the other ones have MX Blacks. I'm mostly going to be gaming and when school starts in fall then I'll be typing, if that's of any interest.

Also, my budget is very limited as I'm 15 and I can spare max 90 euros.

Thanks ahead for any help.

Solution
I would probably go for the Zowie one as most prefer MX Brown to Black as they require less activation force, but not too little like red, so I think they are the sweet spot for typing/gaming. It might also be worth taking a look at Cooler Master keyboards as their mechanical ones have superb build quality at lower prices.

SethJPC

Distinguished
I would probably go for the Zowie one as most prefer MX Brown to Black as they require less activation force, but not too little like red, so I think they are the sweet spot for typing/gaming. It might also be worth taking a look at Cooler Master keyboards as their mechanical ones have superb build quality at lower prices.

Solution

emilsmazais

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

I would, but in Latvia, all the Cooler Master keyboards have either MX Blues, which would be waaay too loud for me, or they're just way too expensive. As for the activation force thing, I'm used to mashing the keys pretty hard because I'm on a rubber dome keyboard and when I'm trying to type fast, I start pressing the keys hardly so the blacks seemed like a good option becasue they're not too light as the reds are. Thanks for replying :) !

emilsmazais

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

I'd really love to get the K70, but it's like two times more expensive and I can't afford it. :(

Seoulja615

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015

That is in your budget $99 usd Its around 90 euro

SethJPC

Distinguished

He said twice as expensive, in Latvia the component marketplace will be very different to that of the US and UK - A lot more expensive.

yep its no good getting the usa price and converting to euros

in the uk its £129--uk tends to be 30--40% dearer than usa for pc components

emilsmazais

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

Pricing is an ass in Latvia, so it costs 140 instead of 90 :(
So I have those three to choose from.

emilsmazais

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

Yeah, I already read that :D
But has anyone had any experience with a Roccat keyboard? It looks to be good but I don't want to buy it and later regret it.