I'm Trying to Dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

May 28, 2018
I'm posting this under Windows 10 because I'm starting on Windows 10.

My problem is that whenever i try to install Windows 7, when i click download setup updates, it downloads them, but then I have a problem where it says "Failed to replace setup files." I have tried to install it without updating the setup files, but when I do that, I have no drivers, so most of my stuff doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

May 28, 2018

I'm doing it for some compatibility stuff. In Windows 7 they had a glitch that allowed you to create a fake monitor that was removed in Windows 10.

Anyway, the problem isn't that I can't install Windows 7, its that when I do, I don't have any drivers. If I try booting from the flash drive, it asks me for a driver cd, but I don't know where I can get all those drivers. If I try installing from Windows 10, I can install Win7 if I choose to not get updates for the installer, which ends up with me being without drivers. If I try to update the setup, it downloads, but then fails to replace setup files.

I think I forgot to mention that I'm installing it on a seperate partition.

Edit: I just tried opening setup again, and now it is complaining about how it can't make a folder in C:\$WINDOWS.-BT. I tried to delete it, but apparently its in use by another program.

May 28, 2018

I believe they do, but I don't know where to find all of them. For example, I can find my network card drivers, but there are random things that I don't know where to find the drivers for.

Maybe there is some package or something, but I'm not sure. Also, when I tried to install NVIDIA drivers with Geforce Now, it said incompatible, but I'm pretty sure that geforce 1050 ti's are compatible with windows 7