[SOLVED] I'm Using a laptop with AMD RYZEN 3 and AMD Radeon Graphics.

Feb 12, 2021
After a month of having this laptop, I've discovered that I can go into the graphics settings. Now, my question is; what gives the better graphics, Adaptive Multisampling, Multisampling, or Supersampling. Explain it to me like I am 5. Thanks.

Solution
Hey there,

'
Anti-aliasing Method
There are three types of anti-aliasing you can use in Radeon Settings:

• Multisampling (MSAA) – The easiest on your GPU, MSAA reduces aliasing only on parts of the screen that really need it, usually along edges of objects.
  • Adaptive multisampling (Adaptive MSAA) – The middle ground. Reduces jaggies on edges of objects with transparent elements (barbed wire fences and so on).
  • Supersampling (SSAA) – The most powerful (and graphically demanding) AA method, which reduces aliasing on the entire screen.
Can't get much more simple than that ;)
Hey there,

'
Anti-aliasing Method

• Multisampling (MSAA) – The easiest on your GPU, MSAA reduces aliasing only on parts of the screen that really need it, usually along edges of objects.
  • Adaptive multisampling (Adaptive MSAA) – The middle ground. Reduces jaggies on edges of objects with transparent elements (barbed wire fences and so on).
  • Supersampling (SSAA) – The most powerful (and graphically demanding) AA method, which reduces aliasing on the entire screen.

Solution
Feb 12, 2021
Hey there,

'
Anti-aliasing Method

Thanks! I play lots of games on this laptop even if it's not exactly a gaming one. Really the built in AA in games arent very effective (removes just mild amounts of jagged lines). Again, thanks for taking time out of your day to respond, really appreciate it!

Update: Okay, wow. So I just went and booted up Bluestacks and the results are insane. I don't see as many jagged lines or really uneven edges. Plus, I checked my GPU on it, it didnt affect it much. On average I get 1-4% usage rate with BS4, and I still got 1-4%. CPU is affected by a little amount though, If I only have BS4 and TaskManager I use only 20%. Updating my AA to SSAA, I went back to task manager and now uses around 3 or 4 percent. It might be other tasks, but who really knows.

Last edited: