[SOLVED] iMac G4 Renewal

pcmonkey18

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Hey all!
This month I'm starting a new computer project. This time it will be taking the parts of an old iMac G4, and replacing them with brand new ones! This weekend I will be measuring all the dimensions, so some of the parts I have chosen may not fit yet. As most of you guys will probably know, the real specialty of the iMac G4 is its monitor stand. I intend to keep the monitor on the stand currently, however it does not have a normal connector such as VGA, HDMI, or Display Port. If anyone can find an adapter as such, it would be greatly appreciated. You can find a list of the parts I chose here, in case you would like to critique any of those as well.

Thank you!

Solution
Sounds interesting. Not sure if the case would fit everything. I'd think an Intel NUC would be an easier fit.

As for the display. You'll need to find the TMDS to DVI pinout for your model and build an adapter. The pinout varies. So I don't think the pinout for a 15" works for a 20" and so forth.

Another option is to find a new monitor which will fit the housing. Figure out how to mount it. Then run the new wires.
Sounds interesting. Not sure if the case would fit everything. I'd think an Intel NUC would be an easier fit.

As for the display. You'll need to find the TMDS to DVI pinout for your model and build an adapter. The pinout varies. So I don't think the pinout for a 15" works for a 20" and so forth.

Another option is to find a new monitor which will fit the housing. Figure out how to mount it. Then run the new wires.

Solution