Image editing - Intel 905p vs Samsung 970 Pro/evo

Good afternoon!

I am about to build a semi-pro PC (workstation?) for my GF. I am in no hurry to get it, so if you have any suggestions I'm open to any changes, or any reason to wait.
The main uses will be gaming, digital drawing and photo editing. Sometimes a little bit of video editing, but not much.

The general build will be somewhat like this:

i7-8700k (maybe Ryzen 2700x? opinions?)
32gb ~3866Mt/s, lowish latency ram (64 later, if needed)
2x 3TB HDD (WD blue)
GTX 980ti (from old rig, will probably buy the '1180ti' when it comes out)
Mobo, AIO cooler, big case, Win10, good psu, eventually maybe semi-professional monitor.

Programs she'll be using, partly in order of how important it is to be *fast*:

■ Corel Painter (EXTREMELY cpu intensive [and badly optimized, loves IPC/clock speed], if you haven't used it you won't believe how much so)
    ■ Manga studio, Krita, other drawing programs.
    ■ Adobe Photoshop
    ■ Games in general
    ■ Adobe Premiere (not really important)

She'll be drawing in CPU intensive programs, but performing simple edition of hi-res images (24/36Mpx RAW and TIFF) in photoshop or similar programs (crop, color&lighting, stitch several photos, simple effects, etc)

I'm mainly torn about the fast storage I'll use.

For the programs used, the photo editing seems to be the most storage limited.
But would I be better off with a low latency Intel Optane drive, or is it better to have a big bandwith Samsung Pro drive?
Or it doesn't really matter, since my bottleneck is elsewhere, so a Samsung Evo drive would be enough?

Solution
For photo editing, the 970 Evo would do fine. If she is into video editing, then I would have suggested that the 2700X and 905p.

And like you said, 8700k with its higher IPC suits this pc best.

Try to go for 3200mhz rams. Higher the better.
For photo editing, the 970 Evo would do fine. If she is into video editing, then I would have suggested that the 2700X and 905p.

And like you said, 8700k with its higher IPC suits this pc best.

Try to go for 3200mhz rams. Higher the better.

Solution