Image larger than screen size#sclient=psy-ab

_daniel

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hello, I got this problem when I updated to the latest ATI catalyst version: When I use 1080p as resolution my monitor displays part of the image outside the screen, checking or unchecking the scaling box works but it will reset everytime I reboot or exit a game that used another resolution. Also, now using another resolution than the highest the monitor can handle (1920*1080) will not cover the whole screen (other than the lowest ones).

Im using hp 2710m as monitor,
ATi Radeon HD5750 as video card
and running Windows Vista.
I would be very grateful if someone knew how to fix this.
Thanks!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As odd as this may sound, if you switched to DVI, the problem would go away. Your issue with HDMI is widely known to be a problem with ATI/AMD and how their drivers work with various HDTV/monitors via HDMI. The issue is one of standards and how various manufacturers implement them (long technical story). Essentially, not all vendors conduct scaling in the same manner.

So, you can go into CCC and set your scale manually and make sure you uncheck the auto-scaling function. That should do the trick.

To just make the whole thing go away, switch to DVI.

Good luck and sorry for your troubles.

_daniel

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Strange that it can occur suddenly with a newer version. Can't understand why I can get it to work but it comes back when I reboot?

Anyways, if I uncheck "enable GPU scaling" and adjust it manually, the screen will fit right but it gets blurry. Will test the DVI solution and see what happens. Thank you for your help!