image to a bootable usb

TimWardman

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Hello all,
having spoken with Microsoft, my own school helpdesk, Acronis and others I need now to speak to the experts.
The story short - I work in a school in Denmark. The students have all got identical netbooks and I want to create a bootable usb pen drive that I can use as a "foundation" setup. Having looked around a lot of places, I believe this particular setup to be called an image (or at least that is what I will call it here!).
So this is what I have done. I have taken one machine and applied the whole catalogue of updates (including SP1, java, adobe, defender etc.) and this is how I want the image / every machine to be - I realise that the kids will customise, but that is their choice. As long as I can reformat to a constant base line and we use office 365 so everything is saved in the "cloud".
What I now want to do is take this one base updated netbook and copy its image to a bootable usb so I can redeploy the base setup to all the other machines as and when they need re-formatting, change hands etc. I say copy it to a bootable usb, but if the image saving software / process can make the usb bootable at the same time then all well and good.
I have mucked about with Acronis but didn't find I useful - it could well be a user error with me there.
I need help with the software choice and possibly procedure.
Thanks all
Help a struggling English teacher!
Tim