Imagination Launches Fully Heterogeneous 'I6500' MIPS CPU; Mobileye Is First Major Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I guarantee they aren't programming self-driving cars in machine language. And if you can't get good performance with C++, then you have no business programming these things in the first place. Worse yet, if you try to write the whole thing in asm, then you're sure to use inferior algorithms and have more bugs. Code reuse is much easier, in higher-level languages, and it's essential for writing algorithmically complex code with low defect rates.

Good way to get alzheimers. Srsly, diabetes and alz have an 80% co-morbidity.

What are you even talking about, and what does it have to do with this article?

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Anyway, I was going to say that's quite an impressive customer they've lined up. It seems like everyone having anything to do with GPUs or DSPs is madly chasing after the automotive market.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Junk food is a big part of American lifestyle, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Anyway, I don't care what you eat. I just thought I'd share that tidbit. Search to find more info, if you want.

One more thing: I've heard some misinformation that the brain only uses glucose. But it turns out that brain cells can run on ketones just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.