Immediate help needed after windows 10 reinstall!!!!

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I had 32 bit win 10 but then i realized that i could upgrade to 64 bit so i performed a clean install via flash drive booting process. But then i had resolution problems. My monitor resolution is 1600*900 but after 1280*720 is the maximum i could do. Please help!!!

USAFRet

Titan

Have you reinstalled the video drivers?

USAFRet

Titan

Well...you reinstalled the OS. If you haven't also reinstalled the video drivers, it is just running on the basic defaults. Hence, the poor resolution.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
see..i really don't know what to do!when my pc starts it gives me option on which windows i want to run, 32 or 64. when i run 32 bit it is just like before with all my games and all devices as it is. But in 64 bit the resolution is distorted, it doesn't read my gpu, my belkin usb network connector(*that makes the 64 bit where i cannot connect to internet) is also not read and it is completely empty. Is this because of previous 32 bit drivers? If it is then how can i download 64 bit drivers without internet in it?
Please help!! I want this because i'm about to upgrade my RAM to 8 gb and also change my gpu.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
see..i really don't know what to do!when my pc starts it gives me option on which windows i want to run, 32 or 64. when i run 32 bit it is just like before with all my games and all devices as it is. But in 64 bit the resolution is distorted, it doesn't read my gpu, my belkin usb network connector(*that makes the 64 bit where i cannot connect to internet) is also not read and it is completely empty. Is this because of previous 32 bit drivers? If it is then how can i download 64 bit drivers without internet in it?
Please help!! I want this because i'm about to upgrade my RAM to 8 gb and also change my gpu.

USAFRet

Titan
You need to do a couple of things first.

1. Locate and download all the 64bit drivers for your hardware
2. Reinstall the 64bit again. This time, wiping out ALL the existing partitions. All of them
Then install.
And install with only that one hard drive connected.

Right now, you have an orphaned boot selection. That needs to go away.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
i can't understand what you are saying. Can you please elaborate.
Is there a way to clear all 64 bit installs? i want to start afresh and do everything again. actually i installed the 64 bit version twice. So i have three windows right now and i'm asked which one i want to run when my pc starts. is there a way to completely revert back to 32 bit? i'm even browsing this site in 32 bit because internet doesn't connect in 64 bit. :(

USAFRet

Titan

With how the system is currently hosed up....either way (32bit or 64bit) will involve a full wipe and reinstall.
During the install...whichever....delete ALL the existing partitons, leaving one large space.
Let Windows install to that, creating what it needs.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
so you are saying that i create a 32 bit usb file with creation tool and then do the clean install again clearing all partitions?
and then will all the drivers work, will all the hardware connect or it would be like the 64 bit mess? then i would i have no choice but to call technician and then idk what would happen!

USAFRet

Titan

You're getting ready to change to 8GB RAM.
You need the 64bit OS.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
thatswhy i wanted to have 64 bit. But i thought that it would be better if i would get completely back to 32 bit and start the process again. However what do you suggest that is best in my current state?

USAFRet

Titan

Boot from your 64bit install media
Wipe ALL existing partitions
Install to that single large space

Again...delete ALL existing partitions

USAFRet

Titan

If you install the 64bit OS, you will have a 64bit OS.
And access to the whole 8GB RAM.

Delete? That is what you do during the install. As said....delete ALL existing partitions.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
See if I clean install 64 bit then what about all those hardware and driver problems? Thatswhy I'm asking you something that would not create any problem with drivers and hardware.

USAFRet

Titan

This is why you find and download all the relevant drivers for your hardware before you do this.
Save them on a USB stick.

Once the OS is installed, install the drivers from that USB stick.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Ok now i think I have understood what you are saying. But now the problem comes in finding the right drivers!! Can you do that for me plssss(just send the link). I tried but I got confused. I have Radeon HD 5450 1gb. Belkin wireless 54g usb internet connector. And according to you what other drivers would I need. At least I need the internet one so that I can access internet .

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Deleting those partitions does not mean that I would damage my hard drive, right? Because when I clean installed it those partitions had the size of different partitions I've made in my hard drive . So I thought deleting them would mean deleting important system files in my hard drive and destroying my hard drive.

USAFRet

Titan

LAN driver (ethernet) comes from your motherboard manufacturer.
Get that first
If you can only connect via WiFi, get that from Belkin.

Everything else is obtained from the relevant manufacturer.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
But I couldn't find the appropriate ones. Please can u find them for me? And yes if I'm getting a new gpu then would it be mandatory to get the drivers for this one? Because with new gpu I would obviously get the drivers cd.