[SOLVED] Immense ping spikes only on my computer

Oct 15, 2019
I've been using this PC for a year and a half and a few days ago my ping spikes in games have been immense. On task manager it shows me getting only kbps of receive and send data, internet browsing is fine but as soon as I play a game it spikes

In siege it goes from 9-500+ ping
In roblox it goes from 30-300+ ping
In overwatch it goes from 20-100 Ping

On internet speed tests I usually get around 30-70 Mbps of download speed and 20-50 MBPS of upload speed

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model router?

What wireless adapter is installed on your PC? Are you using one of those small USB wireless adapters, a built in wireless adapter, or maybe a PCIe slotted wireless adapter with external antennas?

If, for example, you are using a USB wireless adapter it could be failing. If so, one symptom is that they tend to get overly warm and even hot. Carefully feel the adapter while browsing and then again while gaming. You can try putting such an adapter on a USB extension cable and raise the adapter up and away from the PC. Doing so will likely keep the adapter cooler and may even help with transmission/reception.

Who manages your network router...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model router?

What wireless adapter is installed on your PC? Are you using one of those small USB wireless adapters, a built in wireless adapter, or maybe a PCIe slotted wireless adapter with external antennas?

If, for example, you are using a USB wireless adapter it could be failing. If so, one symptom is that they tend to get overly warm and even hot. Carefully feel the adapter while browsing and then again while gaming. You can try putting such an adapter on a USB extension cable and raise the adapter up and away from the PC. Doing so will likely keep the adapter cooler and may even help with transmission/reception.

Who manages your network router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Are you able to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt? If so, run and post the results.

Solution