Question Immense SSD Freezing and Slowdown

May 8, 2019
So i've had issues ever since i bought my new PC. I only got 1 SSD in my PC and it seems like it's performing horribly :/.
First off i have assured that it's connected with the right cable to the right port. SATA 6.0 Gbit/s

I also confirmed that it is infact my SSD that is giving me freezes and hitches while especially installing games. But i also notice small hitches randomly without installing games.

My SSD is at 100% when downloading games

My SSD is a Kingston A400 960GB 2.5".

It does not even get close to it's speed capacity when reaching 100%.

I have tried disabling doing all the below things

Disable Windows Search Service
Update your device drivers
Disable Superfetch
Reset Virtual Memory
Check the configuration of your AHCI PCIe // (Disabling MSI Supported)
Disable Windows Update Service
Disable Automatic Windows Update Service

Oh and also i noticed that my SSD's average response time jumps all the way between 0ms and 5500ms when installing anything both games and programs.
I am at a loss of what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Full system specs:
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: I7 9700k
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-A
RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance
Power Supply: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000W Gold
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i PRO RGB
SSD: Kingston A400 960GB 2.5"

Last edited:
May 8, 2019
Kingston A400 series is known for causing these issues...Low quality.

So what you're essentially saying is that there's nothing that can be done to fix this issue? I have seen people on the internet that have no problem with their Kingston A400 SSD. If this is the case then it is most unfortunate that it doesn't work for my PC build :/.

May 8, 2019
Run an as-ssd benchmark on the drive and post a link to the screen shot here for us please.
I seem to have fixed my SSD issue. So a couple weeks back i had joined the Windows 10 Insider programme. And so i was running an experimental Windows version. I decided to jump back to the normal version and out of the insider about 2 weeks ago. And what i didn't realize is that my PC was still running that experimental version. A clean windows reinstall fixed my issue and is working as it should again. Thanks anyways!

Hope this helps someone that had the same issue
Also i should add that i knew the consequences that the experimental versions could have. Just that the issue seemed so invisible at the time.

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS INSIDER BUILDS!