Question Impact of banging my laptop across the right edge [ACER NITRO 5]

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, accidentally my friend banged his palm into the right corner of my laptop a couple of times. I'd like to know about the damages it may have caused. How can I know if my laptop is still fine from the inside without opening it? What problems should I look for, basically what problems it would have caused? How do I know if my laptop's in need of repair or it's still fine. Will it effect my hard disk, RAM or motherboard?
I'd also like to add that my laptop was ON when this happened, here's a picture where he banged.

View: https://imgur.com/VNdU3tU

Hey there,

Brilliant! You friend 'accidentally' banged the side of it. ;) Was he losing a game or something at the time!! :tearsofjoy:

Which exact model laptop is it? We can look up and see the design and might be able to advise. Typically in those areas you have the SSD/HDD, sometimes the wireless card.

The only real way to know is to turn it on, and see if it runs okay. If you find it's not functioning as it should, then get back to us and we can see what we can do.

I guess the main issue is that laptops are a little more fragile than their desktop counterparts. So it's possible banging on it real hard, might dislodge the motherboard, or other internal components.